Serves meat, veg options available. Serves South Indian and Gujarati vegetarian food also. Thalis at around 4.95. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Indian, Non-veg

Sal112
Sal112

Non-Veg

Posted on 02 / 04 / 2013

This place was a nice little eatery when it first opened. However, recently it has started too serve non-veg foods too which has put me off.

Stevie
Stevie

Masala Express, Bolton

Posted on 06 / 27 / 2010

This place is a 2 min walk around the corner from Surya.

It's a cheap and cheerful, unfancy decor with a wall that has 'welcome' painted on it in a multitude of different languages.

I asked the young girl behind the counter what I could have that is vegan friendly. She didn't have a clue what I was talking about and called the boss over. I asked the same of the boss who didn't understand either but when I explained what I didn't eat, she said to me, "Ah, allergy, no problem".

I was given a tali that consisted of a couple of small savouries for a starter, dal, chick pea curry and pea potato curry. This was accompanied with some white rice and a chapati that was fresher than fresh from the oven. The dal was utterly packed with garlic which while it tasted superb, if you have a hot date lined up I can imagine it could be quite a passion killer. It all tasted great and at under a fiver was an absolute bargain. 80p for a bottle water.

A thumbs up from me.

Pros: Vegan vegi friendly, Bargain priced, Tasty food

Dear Owner and Manager of Masala Express: