Serves meat, veg options available. North end Halifax eatery with a vegan brunch, with all the Lebanese cuisine in large portions. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Lebanese, Middle Eastern, Non-veg

First Review by Terri-LynRhyno
HaliVegan
HaliVegan

Staff need some training.

1 Posted on 12 / 04 / 2013

I've been going here once or sometimes five times a week for a few years and I always get the same thing, last night however I changed it up.. I asked the server even though above the items it says 100% Vegan if a certain item was vegan and he said yes, so I said so no eggs or Dairy either... it was a Veggie Kafta wrap.. it tasted amazing but something just felt wrong so when I went to get the second half wrapped I asked what the sauce was and he just kept saying garlic and oil and..couldnt get any other words out.. so he brought the chef over and in fact there was Eggs in it, the server thought that if you removed the yolk it became vegan. My entire body broke out in hives and i've been so upset over this.. imagine if someone had a serious allergy.. and how many people have ate non-vegan items.. vegetarians would be fine here but i'd be cautious and speak to whoever is cooking that day !

Dear Owner and Manager of Mary's Place Cafe: