Mary's Market Bistro Cafe -...

Serves meat, veg options available. Several veg items: veggie wrap, black bean burger, fruit bowl, granola oatmeal, and others. Price: Moderate more-less
Lacto, Ovo, American, Catering, Non-veg
4431 E State St (US Highway 20)
Rockford, Illinois 61108-2114

Mon-Sat 7:00am-9:00pm, Sun 8:00am-2:00pm

First Review by SynthVegan

good food

Posted on 08 / 18 / 2014

the food was really good! that was about it though. the service was horrible, the staff was not friendly at all. we felt un welcome. you seat yourself and if you want a menu you have to go get them and then go back and order at the counter and get your own drinks.

Pros: good food, food came out fairly fast
Cons: seating yourself, ordering at counter, very unfriendly

Unhappy Cow

Posted on 04 / 20 / 2012

This restaurant had very few meatless entries, hardly any baked goods on offer (the only thing in the display case was cheesecake made by an outside company), bland food and a bland corporate-chic interior to match. The worst part was the smells: by turns I was treated to the odor of something burning in the kitchen, urinals and unwashed bodies. You could do better at an IHOP or a Dennys and spend less.

A Rockford Veggie Option

Posted on 02 / 27 / 2009

I ate here a few months back; I ordered the Mediterranean Wrap [Vegan] along with Vegetarian Chili [also Vegan]. The wrap was very good, however I do not recommend the Veggie Chili; it tasted more like thick vegetable soup and was not very good. The atmosphere was VERY nice; it was especially a nice place to sit and eat by yourself [which is what I did]. There is another restaurant attached to it [in the front] called Aunt Mary's... just keep that in mind, as I almost went into there instead. Overall it was a very nice experience; it's nice to know that I have a place to eat when I visit my friends in Rockford!

Dear Owner and Manager of Mary's Market Bistro Cafe - State St: