Maryland Food Collective

Serves meat, veg options available. Operates during school semester only. Veg-friendly on-campus sandwich shop and deli that also sells some grocery foods. A non-profit collective since 1975. more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Fast food, Take-out, Non-veg

kim2121
kim2121

Great Sandwiches

Posted on 04 / 26 / 2015

This place is sometimes great, sometimes less than great. Hands down one of the best features is the really delicious and cheap sandwiches you can get from the sandwich line (I'm partial to the vegan chicken salad myself). But one of the weaknesses is the inconsistent customer service. The last time I was in there, the girl who made my sandwich acted like I was seriously inconveniencing her by showing up to order food. Sorry, I apologize for wanting to give your co-op my money!

Also, I wouldn't recommend making a special trip to try to find this place. It's buried in the student union, and parking isn't cheap if you don't already have a reason to be on campus. This co-op is a blessing for vegetarian and vegan students at UMD, but it's not very accessible for the general public in its current form.

Pros: Delicious Sandwiches, Reasonable Price
Cons: Inconsistent Customer Service, Difficult to Find
denooijer
denooijer

A hidden jewel

Posted on 05 / 24 / 2013

The MD Food Coop is in the basement of the Stamp Student Union next to the bookstore. Each day at noon they serve a fresh made vegan hot meal (priced per pound) in addition to made to order sandwiches and salads. (sandwich line is open from 9-5pm) Lastly they have a ton of snacks, drinks, and an expanding grocery section. Did I mention the music?

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff, sweet vibe
Cons: hard to find
orchid53
orchid53

awesome

Posted on 07 / 28 / 2009

I LOVE this place. Vegan hot food every day, which is sometimes great, sometimes not...but they use a lot of onions and I hate them, so my opinion is skewed a bit. vegan and vegetarian sandwiches. Everything is reasonably priced! Definitely check this place out.

Pros: healthy food, good value, fun atmosphere

vegcipe
vegcipe

Love

Posted on 12 / 15 / 2008

I love this place. Period.

Pros: Everything

Dear Owner and Manager of Maryland Food Collective: