Mary Ward Centre Cafe

Small vegetarian cafe serving typically 2 or so mains each day along with salads. The cafe also acts as the Centre's meeting place, and as an art gallery. Closes summer til late September. Actual time of close Mon-Thu is 8:45pm. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, American, Western, Take-out, Catering

marylily2
marylily2

Adorable Place

Posted on 01 / 29 / 2016

I was so pleased to discover this little gem. When I had my appointment at the National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery, I was convinced there'd be nothing I could eat that day. Then I found this place!

They were absolutely lovely in there. I told them that I'm both vegan and have coeliac disease, so immediately, the kind man led me to some delicious potato cakes that were absolutely bursting with flavour!

All in all, a delicious place and a really good find.

Pros: Delicious Food, Accommodating Staff, Great Value
Richard Ross
Richard Ross

Vegetarian cafe with some vegan food

Posted on 09 / 21 / 2015

The cafe has re-opened after the summer break. I ate there this evening and had a very nice vegan pie with loads of vegetables, and a vegan cake for dessert.

Most of the people in the cafe were students from the Mary Ward Adult Education Centre, but it is open to everyone. You might have to share a table as it gets crowded at certain times.

Pros: At least one vegan dish is offered, A vegan cake is usually available, Informal atmosphere
Cons: Not fully vegan
Veganswife
Veganswife

Pleasant vegetarian cafe

Posted on 09 / 02 / 2014

Located in cosmopolitan, historic Queens Square, this vegetarian cafe is a welcome retreat from the meaty offerings of London pubs in its immediate environment. I it gets crowded at lunchtimes, so early arrival is wise. I always eat there when in London. However, on my latest boat (July 2014) it was closed for a summer break. It is allied with the rhythms of the Mary Ward centre, and educational institution.

Pros: Healthy vegetarian menu, changes daily, Great Bloomsbury location
Cons: Closed for summer holidays, Vegetarian rather than vegan, so check

IronDread
IronDread

Tasty

Posted on 07 / 02 / 2013

Delicious food(cooked by italian chefs:),big portions although not many vegan options. Very friendly staff. Super crowded in the lunch time.

Pros: Tasty food, Friendly staff
anitari
anitari

A hidden Gem

Posted on 06 / 05 / 2013

An inexpensive cafe with classic vegetarian dishes. Good food and delicious Portuguese cakes. My favourite vegetarian cafe in London.

Pros: Good value for money, Friendly staff, Cool place,with both young and old .
Cons: Can be crowded during lunch-break
s_k_
s_k_

A nice find

Posted on 03 / 26 / 2012

This is a pleasant and inexpensive place. There aren't many options, but the food is good and very generous for the price. A nice stop merely a block away from the bustle and mediocrity of Southampton Row with easy access to Russell Square.

Pros: inexpensive, generous portions, pleasant
Cons: not fancy

Dear Owner and Manager of Mary Ward Centre Cafe: