Marlene's Market and Deli

Natural foods market with a vegetarian-friendly (Serves meat, veg options available.) deli cafe. Confirmed open as of late June 2007. more-less

First Review by Lettuce Muncher
veganlogger
veganlogger

Best Sandwich I've Ever Had

5 Posted on 03 / 17 / 2011

When my mom was visiting recently, we made the trip to Federal Way to check out Marlene's. My mom, an omni, got a vegetable pot pie that she liked, though there were too many mushrooms for her own personal taste. I got a sandwich with wheat bread, blackened tofu, soy cheese (I think it was Follow Your Heart Mozzerella Style), avocado, carrots, lettuce, and cucumber, then grilled. It was honestly the best sandwich I've ever had. I also bought a bag of potato chips, which were stale. We both got smoothies, banana mango, though I ordered mine with an extra protein boost.

There's also a variety of treats and baked goods - vegan chocolate pie, bars, etc. I got a peanut butter crunchy bar, which only had 7 ingredients and was soo tasty.

There's an area next to the deli that has all natural cosmetics and the like. I asked an employee if they had any vegan mascara, and unfortunately they didn't :( They did have vegan liquid eyeliner though.

Pros: Amazing, Soy cheese, Desserts
Cons: Not in Tacoma
artsandcrafts
artsandcrafts

Very good

5 Posted on 03 / 06 / 2011

I like the buffet idea and the food is excellent. When in the area we always visit. Good prices and the shop downstairs is excellent as well.

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff, portions adequate
TylerSK
TylerSK

Marlenes Rocks

5 Posted on 12 / 15 / 2010

I am currently an employee at Marlenes Market and deli and have been for about 5 years, And all i have to say is it has been the most loving and active places I have ever worked. not only do they have great Vegan,Raw, Macrobiotic,gluten free ect. options but all of the food is very carfully selected, this includes going to farms and dairys to ensure the animals are kept in wonderful conditions and going to farms to see the source of our 100% non-GMO organic produce. and it is one of the only places that you can buy raw cow and goat milk and all of the vegan milks. also every week we provide free nutrition, health,supplements, food, and cooking classes and you can check all of them out in our newletter online at www.marlenesmarket-deli.com and even sign up to get it sent to you free. (sorry i didn't mean to turn this into a plug) also there is a full deli that includes vegan, gluten free, vegitarian, sandwiches, soups, baked goods, salad bar and much more and the best thing of marlenes is the people. all of the employees are very knowledgable, aware, and kind to all people and diets especially since there are raw foodists, vegans, vegitarians, gluten intolorent emloyees here. so next time your in Tacoma stop in and ask for Tyler i would love to show you around.

Pros: great options, wonderful staff , eco friendly
Cons: slightly more expensive
bayzydk
bayzydk

Amazing salad bar!!

4 Posted on 02 / 11 / 2010

The salad bar at the Federal Way location is to die for! Lots of yummy organic toppings (they even have vegan bac'un bits!) It can get pricey if you load up on too much heavy stuff though. Fresh made sammiches in the deli (featuring a couple different flavors of field roast). Several vegan desserts/baked goods are always available. Fresh smoothies too! A very reliable stop for hungry vegans/vegetarians who find themselves in the area...

Lettuce Muncher
Lettuce Muncher

Yummy

5 Posted on 07 / 02 / 2007

This place is extremelly vegan friendly, they have a sandwich bar that offers meat but has vegan options and they keep their utensils and the ingredients very separate, going as far as to label their knives "meat" and "NO MEAT". They have lots of yummy vegan junk food, try their vegan pumpkin bread with chocolate chips. They have a huge grocery section downstairs too.

Pros: Vegan Friendly, Yummy Sandwiches, Pumpkin Bread
Cons: Inexperienced Employees

Dear Owner and Manager of Marlene's Market and Deli: