Serves meat, veg options available. Vegetarian and vegan offerings both on the standard and specials menu. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, English, Non-veg
56 High Street
Cheltenham, England GL50 1EE

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by lizipfe
Riotgoddess
Riotgoddess

Simply Amazing

Posted on 12 / 31 / 2015

We ate here on New Year's Eve. Not completely Vegan, but a good selection of vegan dishes that were well marked. The food itself was divine (no hyperbole). Fresh ingredients cooked to their best.

What really makes this restaurant is the Staff. Friendly, funny and really welcoming. Thank you all for helping us to say good bye to one year and hello to the next!

(PS. only reason that I gave 4 stars is that none veggie places can only receive a maximum of 4 stars).

lizipfe
lizipfe

Attentive Marinades

Posted on 12 / 18 / 2015

Having spent some time living in Stroud there is many a choice for day time eating being meat and dairy free but come 5pm there is little, if any choice available for a mid week evening meal. Normally I and my friend would take a trip to Bristol or Bath which means a bit of a lengthy drive, then I stumbled across Marinades. Although not predominantly a plant based restaurant it goes above and beyond to cater for different diets. There are at least 3 vegan starters 3 or so main course options and even a few choices for desert, what's more nearly 90% of the menu is gluten free. I rang before hand and the manager Clive was more than happy to talk through suitable choices on the menu and when we arrived even gave us a couple more choices which weren't on the menu so to have more of a variety. The staff were friendly and attentive and the music playing had me wishing I was on a beach in the Caribbean. There is an option for two courses for £8.95 if you eat before 7.30, unfortunately non of the dishes currently are both plant based and gluten free so we opted for the al a carte menu instead. There is an extensive drinks menu which could be helped by stating which are vegan/gluten free as is clearly marked on the food menu. The food was hearty and of good portion size. It is the ideal restaurant for a group with varying diets, with something for everyone.

Pros: Caters for a variety of diets, Passionate staff
Cons: Serves meat/dairy

Dear Owner and Manager of Marinades: