Marco Polo Global Restaurant

Serves meat, veg options available. Has an extensive vegetarian menu with vegan items clearly marked. Sunday buffet. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Chinese, European, American, Buffet, Take-out, Non-veg

wagmorebarkless
wagmorebarkless

Very good!

4 Posted on 06 / 25 / 2014

Loved everything we ordered. Tried the Sweet and sour tofu, Almond chicken, vegan dumplings with faux beef. Service was good, food arrived fast. Definitely would recommend and plan to return on a regular basis. Ask for vegetarian menu.

Pros: extensive menu with vegan options, food arrived fast, comfortable booth seating
juliotnunes
juliotnunes

Marco Polo Global Restuarant

4 Posted on 08 / 15 / 2011

Excellent place for vegan options and vegetarians as well. Definitely would go back again.

Pros: Friendly staff, Reasonably priced, Spacious
oregonveggie
oregonveggie

Fantastic

4 Posted on 05 / 30 / 2011

Fantastic food! The freshness of the vegetables is fantastic and they have been perfectly cooked the three times that we have been there with flavorful sauces and the best vegetarian hot and sour soup that we've had. The brown rice that they serve is also excellent and it's available with no additional charge which is nice. It's a brown rice blend with a nutty flavor and texture which goes well with the flavorful sauces that come with the various meals. Tofu has a nice texture and perfectly cooked. So far we have tried six different items off their oriental menu and have been extremely happy each time. As I like my food on the spicy side the waitress (who was excellent) brought us a small dishes of fresh condiments to add the heat we wanted. We'll have to try the other vegetarian menu items sometime also. I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone and the guests that we took there were very happy with their meals (carnivor guests).

Pros: Great atmosphere, awesome food, excekkent service
Cons: Its busy
veganfox
veganfox

Wonderful vegan options

4 Posted on 03 / 07 / 2011

We were very surprised to find such a gem in Salem. They offer so many veg options that is hard to decide what to order. They have a separate veg menu (make sure you ask for it).

goldie711
goldie711

Definitely if in Salem

4 Posted on 01 / 12 / 2010

Last week I visited Marco Polo for the first time. Parking was easy. Ambiance was nice. My waiter was accomodating but not very helpful. I requested the owner come to the table to help me make my selection. She was unbelievable. I was unhappy with my entree (atlantic tofu) because it was completely flavorless. She immediately took it back and had the chef prepare me soemthing else. The food was good but not great and I think this is because of what I ordered. The service sincerely made the whole experience excellent. At the end she brought me a vegan cookie. I will definitely go back.

Pros: service, ambiance, parking

Veg Chef
Veg Chef

Destination Dining

4 Posted on 07 / 25 / 2009

As a vegetarian chef, I am a hard sell to impress when it comes to eating a decent vegetarian meal outside of my own kitchen. Marco Polo Global Restaurant was an unexpected pleasure that my wife and I stumbled upon quite by accident. With over 70 vegetarian items to choose from, it was hard to narrow it down to just three. We had the vegetable udon soup, high protien rice & nut salad and the most amazing General Tso's Vegetarian Chicken I have ever experienced. Fabulous! Conveniently located downtown with a parking lot. The staff was friendly and treated each customer like their were royalty. We spilled some soup and a member of the wait staff appeared immediately with a wet cloth and plenty of napkins. Another cool thing about Marco Polo is that they have separate menus for each type of cuisine that they offer. I can't say enough about this great find, but I don't want to bore you. Please, please. please go and see for yourself. I can't wait to return to try many more of their delecacies.

Pros: Excellent food, wonderful service, Nice ambiance

Dear Owner and Manager of Marco Polo Global Restaurant: