CLOSED: Marc and Frankie's

Serves meat, veg options available. Menu is half German food and half Spanish tapas and includes specialties from northern Germany. The vegan items are displayed within the menu with easy to understand vegan icons. Some other items can be made vegan by request.JUL 2013 REPORTED SHUT DOWN/CLOSED. CONFIRMED ON ITS FB. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Western, German, Spanish, Non-veg
Ohlmullerstrasse 20
Munich, Germany 81541
+49-0-89-80928792

Open Mon-Sun 11:30am-12am.

First Review by DanielBiel
manulaX1
manulaX1

Very unusual yet nice place

4 Posted on 07 / 10 / 2012

New restaurant in town my friends in Munich showed me. Is located in the former "Schroberwirt" tavern. Therefor pretty rustic but sympatric interior with a small but cosy beergarden in the back of the house. There you find yourself in a stone paved back alley. Pretty unusual in first place, but unique flair nevertheless.

Since I don't know classic German food, I can not say anything about the quality of the dishes when compared to the originals.

Still it's a great alternative to the Spanish tapas I'm used to and nothing I have found in Munich or Germany before. They are very delicious.

They have a "Vegan" icon on their card, and everything labeled. Very nice, this is pretty unusual for Munich. Still they also have "normal-sized" meals but none of them is vegan (or at least I didn't realize it).

I can recommend it, but it could be more vegan. My vegetarian friends from Munich love it there through. Vegan / vegetarian alternative to the German Schnitzel would be appreciated. So strange you don't get this vegan in Munich but in 1 or 2 places.

Good English is spoken. Takes cash. Low - mid price range.

Pros: Vegan label, unconventional interpretation of tapas, tasty, fresh and good prices
Cons: Too few vegan options, wish they had also tables in front
DanielBiel
DanielBiel

Very tasty

4 Posted on 07 / 09 / 2012

It was very tasty and light, despite of beeing german food. I'll repeat for shure.

Pros: excellent food, good value, friendly stuff

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Marc and Frankie's: