I just ate a delicious falafel sandwich & fries and a 12oz fresh pressed custom juice for under $10! It's enough food to fill anyone up and I'm amazed at the price! I hope they open up more locations soon!
When I am in town, I always stop in here for my falafel fix. I love good Middle Eastern food and Maoz's falafel is one of the best I have ever eaten. I could eat this 24/7. Try the tahini or garlic sauces. They really add a nice dimension to your sandwich or salad. Building your own sandwich is cool too. I highly reccomend this place.Pros: excellent food, excellent value, friendly staff
I ate at two different Maoz's during my stay in Philly and will say this was my least favorite. I did go super late at night, perhaps the ingredients may not have been as fresh as a result. My main gripe was with the ingredients, they just didn't taste very good. But otherwise, I really do love the Maoz food chain (which is why it gets a 3 and not a 2).
You probably already know Maoz. If you don't, go to one as soon as you can. This one is easily accessible, near subway and bus stops. This is also the only Maoz I've ever seen that has a decent amount of seating inside. You get a lot of food for a cheap price, and it's not cheap quality. This is an easy spot to find and great if you're in a hurry. Definitely go here. The Tahini sauce is vegan (the other sauces aren't) and items on the salad bar are quite obvious whether they're vegan or not. Staff knows what veganism is and can help you out.Pros: All-vegetarian, Takes credit cards, Knowledgeable staff
- Link to this page from your site. Entry info.
- Return to Philadelphia Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
- Business Owners, if you see an unfair review, read this.
- Why was my review removed? - details
- Reviews are not endorsed by HappyCow - review terms
- Has Maoz Vegetarian - Walnut St closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
- This page has been viewed 1094 times since Jan 2013.