Maoz Vegetarian - Walnut St

Part of a chain of international falafel restaurants, originating in Europe. Serving only falafel, salad, and French fries. Mostly vegan, and staff is knowledgeable of veganism. Seats 20 inside. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Middle Eastern, Salad bar, Fast food, Take-out

First Review by vegan_ryan
Carrot_Stick
Carrot_Stick

Awesome Food !!

5 Posted on 10 / 04 / 2012

When I am in town, I always stop in here for my falafel fix. I love good Middle Eastern food and Maoz's falafel is one of the best I have ever eaten. I could eat this 24/7. Try the tahini or garlic sauces. They really add a nice dimension to your sandwich or salad. Building your own sandwich is cool too. I highly reccomend this place.

Pros: excellent food, excellent value, friendly staff
SynthVegan
SynthVegan

Maoz Vegetarian

3 Posted on 07 / 13 / 2012

I ate at two different Maoz's during my stay in Philly and will say this was my least favorite. I did go super late at night, perhaps the ingredients may not have been as fresh as a result. My main gripe was with the ingredients, they just didn't taste very good. But otherwise, I really do love the Maoz food chain (which is why it gets a 3 and not a 2).

vegan_ryan
vegan_ryan

Open late, cheap, has seating!

5 Posted on 06 / 28 / 2012

You probably already know Maoz. If you don't, go to one as soon as you can. This one is easily accessible, near subway and bus stops. This is also the only Maoz I've ever seen that has a decent amount of seating inside. You get a lot of food for a cheap price, and it's not cheap quality. This is an easy spot to find and great if you're in a hurry. Definitely go here. The Tahini sauce is vegan (the other sauces aren't) and items on the salad bar are quite obvious whether they're vegan or not. Staff knows what veganism is and can help you out.

Pros: All-vegetarian, Takes credit cards, Knowledgeable staff

Dear Owner and Manager of Maoz Vegetarian - Walnut St: