Maoz Vegetarian - Times Square

Part of the European chain. Small restaurant, mostly take out. Features a salad bar from which you choose toppings for your falafel sandwich. No seating in this branch. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Middle Eastern, Salad bar, Fast food, Take-out

First Review by UrbanDancer
Babette
Babette

Great place to eat vegan in Times Square

5 Posted on 07 / 08 / 2014

Great little spot to grab lunch and eat outside. The Belgian fries are great and the salad bar to garnish your falafel sandwich is a great idea.

Pros: Fries!, Salad bar
Myszka
Myszka

Delicous Fast Food

4 Posted on 04 / 10 / 2014

Great place to grab a quick, good meal. The Falafels are great and the salad bar as well as the sauces are just amazing.

There isn't much place inside to eat but who cares.

Nothing fancy but just perfect for a quick lunch!

heywood100
heywood100

Does what's expected of it

4 Posted on 04 / 22 / 2013

What can you say really? It's a Maoz, it does falafel, it does them well, it does them cheap. The staff were even fairly equanimous about my friend continually spilling stuff from the salad bar over their floor in his attempt to pile as much onto his pitta as he could...

SynthVegan
SynthVegan

Maoz Vegetarian

4 Posted on 09 / 08 / 2012

If you like quick and tasty vegetarian falafel sandwiches (in a pita pocket), you will like Maoz. This location is convenient to Times Square, quick, and delicious. They have many toppings that you can add to your pita and all are good. Yum!

marturey
marturey

I love Maoz food but I have an issue

4 Posted on 12 / 30 / 2011

Ok, I love the food at Maoz. The falafel is superb (especially with grilled eggplant) and the topping are so tasty with so many delicious variations. The staff are also very friendly at this location (we went there twice). Although this location is in the heart of Times Sq. it is really clean but extremely small with barely any place to eat inside. However, we were sitting right outside the door eating our falafel and noticed one guy inside eating part of his sandwich and then go back to the topping bar to add more stuff. This means that food that has been in contact with his mouths are then in contact with the utensils used to fill your falafel with toppings (if someone uses the utensils to push the toppings into the falafel). This should not be allowed. I saw the exact same thing happen at another Maoz restaurant during our last NYC trip. Rather than having a salad bar type set-up for dispensing toppings I would rather see the process changed and either have someone in the restaurant do it for you or else change the containers to bins, like they have to dispense some items in bulk, so that there isn't a chance that utensils used to add toppings could have been in contact with something someone has already bitten into to. At the very least strictly enforce a policy that people cannot add more toppings once they've begun eating their food. I love Maoz falafel and fries but this is an issue for me.

Pros: delicious food, friendly staff, good prices
Cons: process for topping bar
FUZZYGUY828
FUZZYGUY828

FAST FOOD THAT IS GOOD FOR YOU

5 Posted on 06 / 26 / 2011

If you want a fast meal that is good for, go to the corner of 7th Avenue and 40th Street in Manhattan.
There is no where to sit so, this is PURE take out.
Good variety. Good taste. Good price. Good value.
MUST SEE for a VEGAN in NYC with limited options.

Pros: Excellent service, Price, TASTE
Cons: No place to sit, No Vegan fish, Crowded
UrbanDancer
UrbanDancer

Quick and delicious!

4 Posted on 05 / 15 / 2011

I walked upon this restaurant while looking for another one. I'm glad I found this one. The food is fresh and delicious. The menu is limited to falafel sandwiches (pita bread) and salad but you can add any toppings of your choice. Service was quick, the staff was friendly, and the price wasn't bad at all. Best of all...they have sweet potato fries!!! I LOVE sweet potatoes in any form (usually) although I am well aware that frying them isn't the healthiest way to prepare them :o) The only thing this place lacks is seating - it is non-existent so I had to take my food back to my room, which was cool with me.

Pros: Sweet potato fries!!!, Good value, Quick service
Cons: No seating area

Dear Owner and Manager of Maoz Vegetarian - Times Square: