Maoz Vegetarian -...

Part of a falafel fast food chain. Has self-service salad and toppings bar. Location is south of the river between Pont Neuf and Saint Michel. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Fast food, Salad bar, Take-out, Middle Eastern
36, Rue Saint-Andre des Arts (Rue Seguier)
Paris, France 75005

SG213
SG213

Good falafel

4 Posted on 08 / 26 / 2013

This branch of Maoz is mostly similar to the original one closer to Notre-Dame and offers the same delicious falafel and toppings.

Unfortunately it's also quite a small space and is uncomfortable when crowded. Another problem here is that they were playing some sort of arabic style music at a loud volume - not necessary - if you're going to play music in a food place then keep it at a background level.

Apart from the above it's a great place to stop for a veggie falafel snack.

Pros: Tasty food, Good value, Located on a picturesque street
Cons: Small space uncomfortable when crowded, Owner unaware of annoying music volume
IsabelleTamm
IsabelleTamm

Best falafel I've ever had

5 Posted on 07 / 06 / 2013

I don't go searching for the perfect falafel or anything so I don't have that much to compare it to but it was the best I've ever had. I had one with grilled eggplant in it and it was amazing. the fillings are self serve which is great, it's really cheap and the staff were generally friendly.
Highly recommend this, seemed popular with the locals.

Pros: Delicious, Cheap, Friendly stafff
Cons: Very small
DanielAmaral
DanielAmaral

cheap, but it`s just ok

3 Posted on 05 / 17 / 2013

After reading the reviews here I thought I was going to get the best falafel of my life in Maoz, but the falafel itself is just ok. But you can put a lot of different toppings so it gets more interesting. The big portion and cheap price pays the visit.

Pros: cheap, huge portion
Cons: falafel is just ok
imoimoimo
imoimoimo

good as always

4 Posted on 04 / 30 / 2013

Maoz has been my foreign-city-saviour several times now! Great falafels, yummy toppings and very good value. The menus not very descriptive and the guy working there wasn't that helpful in explaining what each option meant, seemed as if he thought I should just know already but it's not obvious! I got what I wanted in the end though, which was a pitta with falafels, hummus, aubergine & salads.
Everything vegan except the coleslaw & mayo off the self serve salad bar.
So yummy! :)

Pros: tasty, good value, nearly all vegan
Cons: staff not very helpful, menu not descriptive enough, wanted more green salad bits
KATIE H
KATIE H

Awesome Falafel

5 Posted on 08 / 30 / 2012

The best Falafel in paris :) and great french fries. Some bench seating for around 8 people. Nice service.

My score is 5, as it is what it is and doesn't disappoint. Its not inventive or mind blowing but it is really good, fresh, fast food for the price.

Pros: Yummy, Cheap, Quick
Cons: Not much room
gcampanella
gcampanella

Amazing falafels and salad bar

4 Posted on 08 / 03 / 2011

I ate at Maoz during a short stay in Paris, and I'm very glad I did.
The falafels were very good, and so was the self-service salad bar, which offers a good selection of raw and cooked vegetables, as well as tasty sauces to top them with. For the more health conscious, they also offer whole-wheat pitas, though they had run out of them on the day I visited.
Be aware that the place is very small, and there's very little seating available inside.

Pros: Amazing falafels, Excellent salad bar, Good value
Cons: Not much seating
malinolsson
malinolsson

Falafel

5 Posted on 07 / 25 / 2011

Great falafel and a lot of different toppings to choose from. We brought our food with us (there were no free seats) and ate it at the river side, overlooking Notre Dame - it was great!

gkreitz
gkreitz

Well-made falafels and humus

5 Posted on 07 / 25 / 2011

A great place to drop by for lunch when visiting Paris. Good falafels, fries, and humus and a good selection in the salad bar. Quite small, with very few seats.

Pros: Good humus, Central location
Cons: Few seats
hippublican
hippublican

Quick, cheap, great

4 Posted on 04 / 23 / 2011

Maoz is a welcome alternative to expensive, sit-down restaurants in Paris. Go in, order, construct your falafel, grab a seat, done. It's also nice to get it to-go and find a scenic place to sit & eat.
The food itself is great, I love how you're given a basic falafel and then have a salad bar to choose your toppings from. The fries are delish too.
We went to a few other Maoz throughout Europe during our trip, but I always thought the one in Paris was the best.

Pros: inexpensive, tasty, healthy
Cons: crowded
chrisvolta
chrisvolta

Very Happy

5 Posted on 03 / 24 / 2011

My girlfriend and I have gone here 3/5 days we have been in paris. It is a great place to eat a fast lunch and for us its good because we can order anything off the menu. The owners work the front and all the staff we have meet accommodated our lack of french. It was a great meal and we will defiantly be going back again before we leave.

Pros: all veggie, fast, great location
Cons: small seating
TofuCelt
TofuCelt

Friendly and cheap

4 Posted on 02 / 17 / 2011

We went here twice on our recent visit to Paris. We also went to the other Moaz very near by, but this is the better one, because the staff were much nicer and it was a bit cleaner. It is also a slightly bit more lively area. However, if you want more seating, it's best to go for the other one. For those of you familiar with Moaz, you know what to expect. It's much the same all over the world I think. But for those of us, like me, who do not have them in my local city (Baile étha Cliath), they may need a bit of explaining. Basically they are a fast food falafel (chick-pea balls in pitta bread) place. You can order either a Moaz meal (Falafel, Chips and drink) for about €8, which is great as Paris is an extremely expensive city. Or you can order just one of the above. There is not much else. The Falafel itself comes with hummous and a selection of veggies which you choose yourself from the salad bar....as much as you want to add....and sauces - garlic, mayo, tomato sauce, etc. They are good proportions also.

Pros: Cheap....for Paris, Friendly, Fast
Cons: Very few seats, A slight bit unclean, A bit cool
hack_man
hack_man

Wonderful Maoz in Beautiful Location

4 Posted on 12 / 30 / 2010

Located in a fabulous part of the city, this is a fresh, clean and friendly chain of this fabulous falafel chain. 4.50 EUR for a large falafel sandwich or 5 EUR with humous or aubergine. The fries are very tasty and good value at 2.20 EUR. I would say this is a better branch than the other Maoz in Paris at Rue Xavier Privas. Maoz is a great option for a truly filling meal instead of dining in a restaurant.

Pros: location, price, salad choice
IndianVegFemale
IndianVegFemale

Delicious and inexpensive

5 Posted on 09 / 24 / 2010

Myself and family bought falafels for lunch from here twice during a three night stay in Paris. The falafels were a generous portion and delicious! The best thing was you could keep topping them up with as much salad/chutney as you liked. In addition the person serving us was so kind and polite, making the whole experience very pleasant. The only downside was that there was very limited seating as essentially this is a fast food place with only 3-4 seats. But don't let that put you off, as it is perfect for grabbing a quick bite of something filling and delicious.

I'd also like to add that there are two listings for 'Maoz' on here which confused me, but I believe they are actually the SAME. Just thought I'd better mention that to anyone else who might get confused too!

In terms of location, it's great as it's not very far from the Notre Dame, but you do need to look for it a little as it is a street or two inside the main streets. Definitely worth looking for though, trust me!

Pros: Delicious, Inexpensive, Good service
GreenFinchy
GreenFinchy

Fabulously fast and fresh falafel

5 Posted on 08 / 30 / 2010

Loved this place, we ended up eating there twice during our short August break. When you need something quick, fresh and tasty and guaranteed meat-free this is hard to beat!

The place itself is on the small side, just a few chairs and no loo. It's all managed by one person who was so friendly and whizzed about serving everyone and cooking the falafel fresh at great speed.

You can help yourself to as much salad as many times as you wish, it's certainly great food if you are on a tight budget as a large falafel (5 pieces) in pitta with salad is €4.50.

Pros: excellent value, very fresh food, friendly staff
Cons: minimal seating, no toilet
vegankiwi
vegankiwi

cheap and cheerful

4 Posted on 08 / 09 / 2010

This place was great to fuel up before an afternoon of sightseeing. You can get falafels in pita bread for a few euros and load it up with all the toppings, like olives, carrots, tomatoes, pickles and chilli sauce. There's not much seating so we went and ate ours in the view of the Notre Dame - bliss. It can get quite busy and chaotic so don't expect silver service, but when it's filling, tasty and cheap, what more do you need?

Pros: tasty food, good value
Cons: no toilets
vegetalien
vegetalien

Good, inexpensive vegan food

5 Posted on 06 / 07 / 2010

Both Maoz restaurants in Paris are great for vegans looking for a quick, tasty, and inexpensive bite to eat. I always get the falafel sandwich with fried aubergine, and begin piling on the different toppings: cooked (and seasoned) carrots, beats, cabbage, olives, and two different kinds of chile sauce. One of the varieties of cabbage seems to have cream in it--I've never put that on, and I would recommend that vegans stay away from that one. The rest of the toppings are all vegan. Though there isn't much seating to speak of, you're close to some nice parks, to the Seine, and to Notre Dame--so, it's not difficult to find a bench where you can eat your meal.

Pros: inexpensive, tasty, almost entirely vegan
Cons: not much seating

Dear Owner and Manager of Maoz Vegetarian - Saint-Andre des Arts: