Fast food chain with locations worldwide. Serves falafel sandwiches with different salads and sauces for topping plus fries, soup, and has a vegan rice pudding. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, Fast food, Take-out
1657 Washington Ave
Miami Beach, Florida 33139
305-534-6269

Open Sun-Thur 11am-11pm, Fri-Sat 11am-12am.

First Review by cincorobles

Good for a quick lunch

4 Posted on 03 / 24 / 2014

This place is pretty similar to other Maoz restaurants I've visited, however this one does NOT have free refills of the toppings. Which is of course a disappointment if you're expecting it.

Other than that, this is a great place to grab a quick plant-based bite when you're near the beach. I especially love the sweet potato fries. The staff was very friendly and the place was clean.

Pros: Cheap, I love falafel, Near the beach
Cons: No free refills

A trip to a foreign land

5 Posted on 03 / 04 / 2014

Just like Israel and Barcelona. The chain is true to itself. Great toppings to authentic falafel. Wonderful cauliflower and eggplant. Interesting, but not weird juices. I wish they would open a restaurant near my home.

Pros: perfect falafel in fresh wrap, tahini sauce is rich, not watered down, Great green drink
Cons: Uncomfortable seating, Busy place

Amazing! Wish I had one nearby

5 Posted on 12 / 28 / 2013

Israeli-style fast food. Toppings are self-serve. Extremely vegan-friendly. Delicious. Ate every bite.

Pros: self-serve toppings , vegan labels, delicious
Cons: uncomfortable bench seating

Vegan Food

5 Posted on 08 / 13 / 2013

Maoz is always good lots of Vegan options. The best thing is that they are always in big shopping centres so when you are out and about you can get healthy food.

Pros: Vegan options, Near shops, On the go Vegan food

Great taste

4 Posted on 01 / 30 / 2013

We ate at a maoz in London, England quite some time ago and thought it was very good. So we knew what to expect when we ate at the Maoz in South Beach. We ate there on two occasions. The first time we had the Falafel Sandwich with fries. The second night, we had the Falafel Salad Bowel. It was all very good although the seating was very limited and the fast food atmosphere promoted eating quickly.

Pros: Great taste, Lots of add ons, Friendly staff
Cons: Not refined eating

Fast and versatile and delicious

4 Posted on 01 / 29 / 2013

Maoz is one of the few affordable vegetarian places I've been to Miami. It works like this; you get a pita or salad with falafel and then you can load it up with various toppings and sauces. Everything is super fresh and tasty. I especially like the roasted cauliflower and broccoli and the red cabbage slaw. Also, Maoz has really good mushroom soup. It is a small place.. I wouldn't really recommend coming here on a leisurely afternoon to hang out, but it is perfect is you want quick, healthy veg-friendly food.

P.S. there is currently a groupon for Maoz ($20 for $10)

Pros: healthy, casual, fresh

Quick and tasty

4 Posted on 01 / 12 / 2013

Tried out Maoz today, tasty, healthy, and quick. Stuff your whole wheat pita with your choice of delicious sides, great sweet potato fries, vegan everything, feta if your choice. I added eggplant and falafel to my pita, husband had a delicious vegan veggy soup. Really, nice to have another easy local choice. Welcome... and see you soon in Barcelona! (Happy Cow tells me there is one there, and so will we be next week)

Dear Owner and Manager of Maoz Vegetarian: