Fast food chain with locations worldwide. Serves falafel sandwiches with different salads and sauces for topping plus fries, soup, and has a vegan rice pudding. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, Fast food, Take-out

Georgeboe
Georgeboe

a vege buffet

Posted on 10 / 22 / 2014

From West to East, to Amsterdam, Maoz is a quick amazing fix! Almost everything in the place is vegan, don't be shy.

Julie R
Julie R

AWESOME!

Posted on 09 / 05 / 2014

I am a native Miamian, but I hate South Beach - too many people, too much traffic, annoying construction, and no parking. Ugh. That being said, I was picking up a friend from the dreaded Beach and have always wanted to try Maoz, so now was the perfect time - kill 2 birds with one stone.

I love finding vegan/vegetarian places because Miami is seriously lacking them. I am SO happy I tried Maoz. I loved it. The food is fresh and delicious and budget-friendly (it made me forget the crowded Beach, the parking, and the congestion!) The staff is friendly and welcoming and everything about it is perfect. The inside is super-clean and has several tables to sit at (there are also a couple tables outside); it's not a huge space but there's enough room. You order and pay at the counter, and you quickly receive your food.

I had, of course, a falafel on a wheat pita. I don't know why their pitas are better than the ones I buy in the supermarket - but they are - it was really delicious. After you get your falafel, there's a veggie bar with many fresh toppings and different sauces (see my pics). I am a no frills kind of girl, so I just had some yummy coleslaw on mine and a little tahini sauce. It was awesome. Note that the toppings are unlimited, but only one time around - you can't go back for refills!

The falafel are the best I have ever had. They were cooked to perfection and delicious! My friend and I shared an order of the "mixed" fries. They have regular fries or sweet potato fries, or you can mix them - that's nice! Both were good.

As for the prices, A falafel sandwich is only $6.50 and is PLENTY of food. For around $3.50, you can get a "meal" which adds a drink (try the good lemonade!) and a side - there are several sides, the fries being one of them. You can also get a big falafel salad for around $8.

The owner was there and he is very attentive to his customers and to keeping the place clean. It was impressive.

Maoz also has lots of fresh juices, but I didn't have one so I can't comment on them.

If you want a suggestion, skip the pricey restaurants on Lincoln Road and give Maoz a try. You will not be disappointed (even a carnivore would love it). I am thrilled I found this place, and as much as I hate to say it, Maoz will bring me back to the dreaded Beach again and again! LOVE IT.

Oh, and if anybody cares - They play REALLY good music in Maoz!

Pros: Great falafel, Cheap prices, Super clean place
Cons: It's on Miami Beach
Tine Putzeys
Tine Putzeys

Good for a quick lunch

Posted on 03 / 24 / 2014

This place is pretty similar to other Maoz restaurants I've visited, however this one does NOT have free refills of the toppings. Which is of course a disappointment if you're expecting it.

Other than that, this is a great place to grab a quick plant-based bite when you're near the beach. I especially love the sweet potato fries. The staff was very friendly and the place was clean.

Pros: Cheap, I love falafel, Near the beach
Cons: No free refills

Rochelle Fogg
Rochelle Fogg

A trip to a foreign land

Posted on 03 / 04 / 2014

Just like Israel and Barcelona. The chain is true to itself. Great toppings to authentic falafel. Wonderful cauliflower and eggplant. Interesting, but not weird juices. I wish they would open a restaurant near my home.

Pros: perfect falafel in fresh wrap, tahini sauce is rich, not watered down, Great green drink
Cons: Uncomfortable seating, Busy place
FromVegtoVegan
FromVegtoVegan

Amazing! Wish I had one nearby

Posted on 12 / 28 / 2013

Israeli-style fast food. Toppings are self-serve. Extremely vegan-friendly. Delicious. Ate every bite.

Pros: self-serve toppings , vegan labels, delicious
Cons: uncomfortable bench seating
vegan james
vegan james

Vegan Food

Posted on 08 / 13 / 2013

Maoz is always good lots of Vegan options. The best thing is that they are always in big shopping centres so when you are out and about you can get healthy food.

Pros: Vegan options, Near shops, On the go Vegan food
Richard Myers
Richard Myers

Great taste

Posted on 01 / 30 / 2013

We ate at a maoz in London, England quite some time ago and thought it was very good. So we knew what to expect when we ate at the Maoz in South Beach. We ate there on two occasions. The first time we had the Falafel Sandwich with fries. The second night, we had the Falafel Salad Bowel. It was all very good although the seating was very limited and the fast food atmosphere promoted eating quickly.

Pros: Great taste, Lots of add ons, Friendly staff
Cons: Not refined eating
charlottenhm
charlottenhm

Fast and versatile and delicious

Posted on 01 / 29 / 2013

Maoz is one of the few affordable vegetarian places I've been to Miami. It works like this; you get a pita or salad with falafel and then you can load it up with various toppings and sauces. Everything is super fresh and tasty. I especially like the roasted cauliflower and broccoli and the red cabbage slaw. Also, Maoz has really good mushroom soup. It is a small place.. I wouldn't really recommend coming here on a leisurely afternoon to hang out, but it is perfect is you want quick, healthy veg-friendly food.

P.S. there is currently a groupon for Maoz ($20 for $10)

Pros: healthy, casual, fresh
cincorobles
cincorobles

Quick and tasty

Posted on 01 / 12 / 2013

Tried out Maoz today, tasty, healthy, and quick. Stuff your whole wheat pita with your choice of delicious sides, great sweet potato fries, vegan everything, feta if your choice. I added eggplant and falafel to my pita, husband had a delicious vegan veggy soup. Really, nice to have another easy local choice. Welcome... and see you soon in Barcelona! (Happy Cow tells me there is one there, and so will we be next week)

Dear Owner and Manager of Maoz Vegetarian: