CLOSED: Maoz Falafel

Take away falafel and serve yourself salad bar. Reported closed to HappyCow. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Fast food, Middle Eastern, Take-out

First Review by Stevie
beitme
beitme

mediocre overall

3 Posted on 02 / 21 / 2010

This place is slightly better than the one I went to in Amsterdam, but not nearly as good as the one in Paris. The guy working seemed to care about his job and the food more than the normal fast-food worker. The food did taste better than Amsterdam's. They don't pit their olives here - I don't know if this is common for Dutch culture or not (nor do they in Amsterdam), in Paris they do. A decent place to grab a cheap meal.

Pros: decent value
gisaster25
gisaster25

Best falafel I've ever eaten

5 Posted on 09 / 03 / 2008

I often eat at this Maoz, at least once a month, and I never leave hungry :) I always get a large falafel and load it up with salad bar goodies. A tip: add the sauce first so it trickles down to the bottom of the pita. The creamy garlic sauce is my favourite. It's inevitable you'll get sauce/food on your face, things will fall from your pita, so hang on to your napkin. When I'm extra hungry I'll also get the fries, which are tasty and 100% vegetarian. This is the only place in the Netherlands where I'll actually order fries since deep-fryers at non-veg establishments are also used for meat croquettes and bitterballen. Tiny warning: at lunch time you probably won't be able to get a seat.

Pros: Delicious, Very filling , Inexpensive
Cons: Limited seating
Stevie
Stevie

Maoz, Rotterdam

5 Posted on 05 / 26 / 2007

Mega centrally located with the usual Maoz format. Tasty, nourishing, bargain priced food to eat in or take away. The 2 people working when I was there were very nice. Very vegan veggie friendly. Not open as late other branches of Maoz around Europe

Pros: Mega central, Very veganveggie friendly, Bargain priced
Cons: Could be open later

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Maoz Falafel: