At walking distance from the CS. Walk towards the centre and follow the Haarlemmerstraat, the MAOZ is located halfway on the right side of the street. Maoz is part of a mostly vegan, falafel fast food chain. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Middle Eastern, Take-out

First Review by pollypapas

Very Deliscious

4 Posted on 02 / 28 / 2014

I was at März only recently for the first time and it was Deliscious. The gentleman who served me was very friendly and helpful when I told him I was a vegan. You get to choose your own fillings which was the part which I loved the most. Everything was super fresh,yummy and had a delightful crunch. Like all falafel do not wear lipstick or walk while eating due to the large size of it.

Tasty food for reasonable price

3 Posted on 01 / 21 / 2014

After visiting the Maoz-website (http://www.maozusa.com/) I was expecting something similar to a Subway-restaurant. So I was a bit disappointed when I entered.
There where only 2 tables in the back, which were occupied. So we had to sit at the bar, next to the servant who was listening oriental music on her iPad. The food was really good. When you order a pita falafel you can choose between a normal pita or whole grain. You'll get 3 falafels in it and you can fill it yourself with a variety of salads and vegetables.
I rated it a 3 stars, because the food tasted really good.
On the other hand the servant was moody and was watching her iPad while the kitchen could have used some cleaning. Because we were sitting at the bar, we also witnessed her throwing leftover fries (which they temporarily put in a pan to salt before they serve them) back into the frying pan. I don't know if this is the standard procedure?

Pros: Good price, Tasty food
Cons: Hygiene, Staff

Mmmm, delicious!

5 Posted on 02 / 25 / 2013

Took a pita falafel as take-away. The falafel were delicious, and there were twice as many of them as in an average Dutch pita falafel, bought at a "kebab" place. The falafel were very juicy and not at all dry, mmmm, tasty!

The salads in take-away were to be taken away in *kghm* quite small boxes, could've been bigger! There are some additional treats which you can get for extra price, such as grilled eggplant for 50 cents; I got a piece for free when I asked for it. An easy place for vegans. Prices are reasonable.

Pros: juicy, tasty falafels, vegan-friendly, easily accessible (Haarlemmerstraat)
Cons: small salad portions in take-away

Falafel!

4 Posted on 08 / 29 / 2012

The staff were very friendly and generous, offering us unlimited salad and sauces etc. The chips were delicious and very moreish! This was my first trip to a Maoz restaurant and I will definitely go again.

Maoz with Indian thrown in!

4 Posted on 08 / 22 / 2012

All you would expect from Maoz - freshly made falafel, unlimited vegan-friendly salad bar, good prices - with samosas and bhajis also on the menu. Good value for money.

Pros: value, vegan choice, quality

Simple but friendly

4 Posted on 12 / 13 / 2011

Small place (3 or so tables in the back) which makes falafels from scratch. Very friendly staff who pointed out the 2 non-vegan fillings. Great for a quick lunchtime bite but not for a formal dinner out.

Pros: Customer service, Tasty food, Location
Cons: Spartan decor

Nice place

4 Posted on 08 / 18 / 2010

Maoz falafel is always a part of visiting Leiden for me. Always nice service and good falafel. Non-veg*n friends have always been enthusiastic about Maoz, especially about the salad bars with many fresh greens and sauces which you may put yourself on your pita falafel. If you want some nice veggie fast food, it's a good place to get food or just sit there and eat it.

Pros: Quick, Tasty, Easy

Dear Owner and Manager of Maoz Falafel: