Serves international vegan (marked) and vegetarian food, mostly Indian and Italian. No alcohol offer. Directions: Take bus 4 or 5 from city centre (Jungfernstieg or central station) till the Grindelhof stop, or bus 15 till Bezirksamt Eimsb├╝ttel and walk a couple of minutes up (bus 4,5) or down (bus 15). Or take underground U1 till Hallerstrasse and walk west via Hallerplatz along Grindelhof along nice, but historically awful, surroundings. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, International, Indian, Italian

NIlsI
NIlsI

Indian place but veg/vegan

Posted on 11 / 17 / 2014

This little restaurant which I was happy to find in this part of Hamburg is not a surprisingly good one nor a bad one.They have a huge menu - maybe to many dishes. The flavours of the dishes I had were not very elaborated. The food misses some peaks of spezific tastes.
Some dishes are tasty and the restaurant could be an option to go but it could be better.

Pros: friendly staff, variety, location
Cons: not refined, variety
greenhexi
greenhexi

Not very exciting food

Posted on 03 / 16 / 2014

I have been here several times over the past three months, had dishes from 4 different Indian sections and my conclusion is: it all looks and tastes the same, even if it says curry or coconut or Biryani... I still come here, as when on extended trips I do not want exciting food each day.
The vitamin salad has maybe a tenth of a carrot, all else yellowish leafs... and even the Dal soup tastes of not much.
If it says spicy its as bland as if it doesn`t...
The only thing I really find lovely is the crispy bread you always get for starters. And I do trust them that my food is indeed vegan.

Pros: Open Sundays
Cons: Bland food, no variety
Polkapie
Polkapie

a huge surprise!

Posted on 02 / 08 / 2014

I only went to Manu because the restaurant I wanted to go to was full, and it was close by. But my was I surprised! Their webpage is rather dull, and made me think of a kebab-place you go to late at night (the place also looks a bit like a kebab-place). And a menu with over 100 dishes is never a good sign. I ordered onion bahjis and an indian dish with cauliflower and potato, and it tasted so nice!! The bahjis came with a vegan yoghurt dressing which was soo nice. And they even had vegan nan! The staff was very friendly, and let me have more of the yoghurt dressing for the main course as well:) Very inexpensive and a lot of vegan dishes. I definitely recommend it!

IundoMorgen
IundoMorgen

Lecker!

Posted on 12 / 21 / 2013

Leckeres Essen und ein super netter Service!
Hatten ein tolles Men├╝ zu einem guten Preis!
Wir kommen sicher wieder!

Dear Owner and Manager of Manu: