Serves international vegan and vegetarian food, mostly Indian and Italian. Day menu till 5pm then evening specials. No alcohol. Directions: Take bus 4 or 5 from city centre (Jungfernstieg or central station) till Grindelhof stop, or bus 15 till Bezirksamt Eimsbüttel and walk minutes up (bus 4,5) or down (bus 15). Or take underground U1 till Hallerstrasse and walk west via Hallerplatz along Grindelhof. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Indian, International, Italian, Delivery, Take-out
Grindelallee 148
Hamburg, Germany 20146

Mon-Sun 11:30am-10:30pm

First Review by IundoMorgen

Great food, good service

Posted on 07 / 27 / 2015

I have been to this restaurant many times (as I live very close-by) and I absolutely love it! The staff is very friendly and the food is always great!

Most of the time I order Indian food with faux duck or tofu/seitain, which are absolutely their best dishes, but they also serve decent vegan pizza and pasta dishes.

Updated from previous review on Monday July 27, 2015

Pros: a wide range of vegan food, good value, friendly staff

We Will Return

Posted on 05 / 15 / 2015

We visited the Manu today (4 people). We ordered the following:

- Dal Soup (very good)
- Mixed Salad (very good)
- Mixed Pakoras (1 order for 2 person; good)

Main Course:
- Spaghetti with gorgonzola/spinach sauce (good, creamy, maybe some garlic missing)
- Vitamin Salad (very good)
- Penne Saitan (very good)
- Curry Bangalore with Saitan (very good)

We all were very happy with our meals. The price - with beverages and tip: 56€. Absolutely okay.

We will return.

Pros: Taste, Price, Quality
Cons: NIL

Indian place but veg/vegan

Posted on 11 / 17 / 2014

This little restaurant which I was happy to find in this part of Hamburg is not a surprisingly good one nor a bad one.They have a huge menu - maybe to many dishes. The flavours of the dishes I had were not very elaborated. The food misses some peaks of spezific tastes.
Some dishes are tasty and the restaurant could be an option to go but it could be better.

Pros: friendly staff, variety, location
Cons: not refined, variety

Not very exciting food

Posted on 03 / 16 / 2014

I have been here several times over the past three months, had dishes from 4 different Indian sections and my conclusion is: it all looks and tastes the same, even if it says curry or coconut or Biryani... I still come here, as when on extended trips I do not want exciting food each day.
The vitamin salad has maybe a tenth of a carrot, all else yellowish leafs... and even the Dal soup tastes of not much.
If it says spicy its as bland as if it doesn`t...
The only thing I really find lovely is the crispy bread you always get for starters. And I do trust them that my food is indeed vegan.

Pros: Open Sundays
Cons: Bland food, no variety

a huge surprise!

Posted on 02 / 08 / 2014

I only went to Manu because the restaurant I wanted to go to was full, and it was close by. But my was I surprised! Their webpage is rather dull, and made me think of a kebab-place you go to late at night (the place also looks a bit like a kebab-place). And a menu with over 100 dishes is never a good sign. I ordered onion bahjis and an indian dish with cauliflower and potato, and it tasted so nice!! The bahjis came with a vegan yoghurt dressing which was soo nice. And they even had vegan nan! The staff was very friendly, and let me have more of the yoghurt dressing for the main course as well:) Very inexpensive and a lot of vegan dishes. I definitely recommend it!

Posted on 12 / 21 / 2013

Leckeres Essen und ein super netter Service!
Hatten ein tolles Menü zu einem guten Preis!
Wir kommen sicher wieder!

Dear Owner and Manager of Manu: