Serves meat, veg options available. Indian food restaurant, predominately meat menu with some vegetarian dishes, vegan dishes upon request. Owner is familiar with the vegan concept and is delighted to "veganize" the dishes. No smoking. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Indian, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by pianoforte
BethMisner
BethMisner

Wonderful meal, fabulous chef

4 Posted on 10 / 12 / 2012

My husband and I ate here two nights in a row. Chef Bose went out of his way to be ready to serve us and meet our dietary requirements. He was very accessible and had the ingredients ready that we wanted, such as organic brown rice, fresh salmon from the Copper River, gluten-free choices and organic vegetables. We love it and loved the staff and the service.

Pros: fresh ingredients, great flavors, customized service
belsandia
belsandia

Natural Indian food with easy vegan adaptations

4 Posted on 06 / 01 / 2011

Indian restaurants work well for vegetarians, but vegans sometimes have trouble finding a willing chef who will "veganize" the dishes or is familiar with the concept of veganism. This is where Mantra Masala is a true blessing: the owner is very accommodating, knows exactly how to veganize his food, and actually now offers several directly vegan dishes on the menu too. We love to visit this beautiful restaurant which offers a full package: excellent vegan Indian food and a nice atmosphere that invites to linger a bit longer.

Pros: healthy tasty food, owner very supportive of vegans
Cons: a bit off the beaten track
stef42678
stef42678

Great Vegan Indian Food

4 Posted on 04 / 24 / 2011

If you love food with flavor, this restaurant is great because it has a variety of Indian plates that all have great spices and tastes. I love that the menu has a whole section for vegetarians and the cooks are more than happy to make your dish vegan. I had the vegetables and rice and they were flavored with tumeric and cumin and tasted so good. They have a variety of breads like garlic nan that is made fresh as well as vegetable samosa appetizers. This is a great place for Indian food and perfect for vegans and your meat eating friends.

Pros: Vegetarian menu

pianoforte
pianoforte

Tasty Vegan Cuisine!

4 Posted on 09 / 24 / 2008

The February 2008 review in Las Vegas Weekly piqued my interest in this new restaurant. I have dined at every Indian restaurant in Las Vegas, only to be disappointed with the copious amounts of oil and sodium used in their food. SoCal has several great health-oriented Indian restaurants; Las Vegas had none until Mantra Masala.

Their menu features many vegetarian and vegan dishes. I started my meal with tomato soup, papadam and aloo paratha, and concluded with the entree eggplant bharta and basmati rice. The food was outstanding, the service attentive. The prices are reasonable, and the restaurant's vibe is conducive to ones enjoying a superlative Indian meal.

I was so impressed with my dining experience that I had to convey my accolades to the owner, Tapan, who diligently endeavored to accommodate my strict vegan needs.

Finding an Indian restaurant in Las Vegas that could truly prepare authentic vegan cuisine did not exist before Mantra Masala. I dine there at least once a week, and it is now my favorite restaurant in Las Vegas. I make the highest recommendation without reservation.

Dear Owner and Manager of Mantra Masala: