Raw food restaurant offering a range of raw meals, soups, desserts, smoothies, and raw crackers. The mixed plate features a variety of dishes. There is also a sweet shop that sells Hungarian desserts and various cake. Has wi-fi. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, All Raw, Western, Hungarian
Garibaldi str 5. (near Parliament)
Budapest, Hungary 1054

Kittybiscuit
Kittybiscuit

Delicious Cake

Posted on 10 / 28 / 2014

We bought a chocolate cake to take away. The owner was helpful and told us what was available. The cake was one if the best I've eaten! I didn't try anything else.

Pros: reasonably priced
Woogleboo
Woogleboo

great cakes, mediocre food.

Posted on 09 / 07 / 2014

Go there for the cakes, but skip the food.

We took a mix of everything available for our meal and they were all quite tasteless.

Leah Stolar
Leah Stolar

Great Raw Find!

Posted on 07 / 16 / 2014

First the name- this can be a little confusing since the listing is for Mannatural. When you arrive at the address, you'll see a restaurant on the street level called The Restaurant of Life. There is a sign at the top of the stairs next the entrance that says Mannatural. The stairs take you down to the kitchen, where the restaurant used to be before it expanded upstairs. In other words, they are the same restaurant. Now for the food...my husband and I shared the variety plate and we were very satisfied. My husband, who is not used to eating raw, liked it a lot and had no issues eating an entirely raw meal. The dessert was a layered cake and it was excellent. The service was very friendly and helpful. I definitely recommend this healthy, fresh raw vegan restaurant.

Pros: Fresh, Raw, Convenient

VeganChristianGal
VeganChristianGal

I go there just for the cakes

Posted on 06 / 12 / 2014

I'm not a raw vegan, but I like the cakes from this place:) super amazing and not expensive:) their raw selection is limited. Not as many, but their is amazing:) I would give a 4 stars just for the cake:)

Pros: Best raw vegan cake
RCDC
RCDC

Recent Visit

Posted on 05 / 29 / 2014

Only total raw restaurant in Budapest. Salad bar very limited but OK. What you really come here for is the Cakes! They are fantastic. We returned three times during our stay. Our host Olivia was lovely ,very friendly and of course spoke perfect english. Strongly recommend a visit.

aps101
aps101

Excellent Raw Restaurant

Posted on 05 / 07 / 2014

First off - don't think you haven't found it. It is labelled as Restaurant of Life. I almost walked by thinking it was gone.

This place is great. The desserts looked so good, I decided to have my meal backwards. In addition to the incredible chocolate cake I had, the owner gave me some samples of other desserts. All were amazing. There is a variety of counter served items to choose from that you can get in a small plate or large plate size. Such a sweet little spot that is easy to get to and quite central to a lot of attractions (Parliament, etc). Absolutely terrific, a definite for the list as you plan. Staff has limited English but he did a great job with what he knew and since it was all vegan, no worries!

Pros: Dessert, Nice Owner/Operator, Location
MitziTant
MitziTant

best and cheapest raw food!

Posted on 04 / 30 / 2014

I went there with my whole family and we all stuffed ourselves. smoothies, main dishes, bread, cakes, you name it, and ended up paying less than 50 € for 5 people!!!
if I could, I'd go there every day.

Pros: amazing variety of raw dishes, best raw cakes, delicious juices and smoothies
Cons: staff didn't speak any English
MissHLMorris1234
MissHLMorris1234

Delicious! Would definitely recommend.

Posted on 04 / 26 / 2014

Really good selection of raw food. Me and my boyfriend had a mixed plate as it all looked too good to choose. We also had smoothies and cake which were both delicious. The lady serving us was really friendly and her English was extremely good so we knew what we were ordering. Would go back again if we had more time here :-(

Pros: Lots of variety, Friendly staff, Moderate prices
Jonatand
Jonatand

greatest raw food in budapest!

Posted on 01 / 08 / 2014

Really nice and helpfull staff, amazing desserts! Can really recommend the mixed plate for 2000huf, enough food gor two!

shinyuu
shinyuu

Almost perfect!

Posted on 09 / 30 / 2013

There are so many great things! It was my first experience with the RAW food. The food looks strange for me (hihi!) but it's really tasty and what surprised me a lot, I was totally full! I ordered a full plate and after eating only a half of it I was feeling really good ;-) But it wasn't cheap... Definitely for pros are that this is open during the weekend (it's hard to find something open on Saturday...), this is 100% RAW and of course vegan and that there is also the wifi. Cons? The guy doesn't speak English, so I had no idea what I was eating (NO IDEA! :-D). There is not many information in English (only the main information like 'salads' or 'drinks') what made the offer not very wide. So I have the mission - I will come back to this place (maybe next year) and check if it is better for the No-Hungarian clients! :-)

Pros: RAW and VEGAN!, Wifi, nice atmosphere, clean, tasty food
Cons: no english, food is not describe, maybe too much expensive
kenvegan
kenvegan
+2030

The best desserts in Budapest

Posted on 09 / 25 / 2013

I had a few slices of raw vegan cake at Mannatural, and all of the cakes were delicious! They had 7 raw food cakes in a glass case. Yes, you read that correctly! 7 cakes! I cannot name any other raw food restaurant that has so many choices of raw food cakes. I brought a friend to this restaurant and treated her to a piece of raw vegan cake, as she had never heard of such a thing. She loved what she ate, and took pictures of it to share with her friends/family on facebook. Centrally located, and highly recommended.

Pros: Excellent desserts
student75
student75

nice location! tasty raw food

Posted on 09 / 08 / 2013

next to the parliament you find the mannatural (has a new name on the door but i cant remember!) Very friendly guy served us and especially the raw cakes were delicious. we had a mixed platter and if its youre first time there its probably the best choice! you get loads of different salads and some crackers! they also serve fresh smoothies! has wifi

Pros: raw cakes, friendly stuff, location
Ginganut
Ginganut

Great raw food, great location!

Posted on 08 / 12 / 2013

A stone's throw from the Parliament, now on after level, cool decor, delicious food.
I had a selection of three items with delicious juice. All of the food was good, but the one that the lady serving described as a Hungarian speciality was divine.
Cakes all looked so tempting and my carob confection was mouthwatering.
Although it wasn't crowded on my visit, people were also popping in to get their lunchtime takeaway, so it is clearly popular with locals.

Pros: surprisingly filling, delicious juices, yummy cakes
Cons: labels on the dishes would help
hungryherbivores
hungryherbivores

Wonderful, wonderful!

Posted on 08 / 07 / 2013

I highly recommend ordering the mixed plate to eat. They give you loads of food- practically everything on the menu! I ordered the mixed plate and was absolutely stuffed. Most of the food is some variation of a shredded vegetable doused in sauce. They also have raw crackers with spread on top which are delicious. I had a slice of carrot cake for dessert along with a cocoa macaroon and gingerbread macaroon. Both were wonderful. I ordered another slice to go and the man behind the counter (presumably the owner) gave me two more macaroon balls for free. I did not realize that the restaurant chargers for take away containers (they refund you if you bring it back) so I came up short. The man behind the counter told me that it was fine and to just enjoy the food.

Pros: incredible service, beautiful restaurant, delicious food
Happymouse
Happymouse

Great experience

Posted on 07 / 28 / 2013

We (2 adults) paid 20$ for two smoothies, two full plates and dessert cakes. We enjoyed all the raw salads, crackers and desserts as it was very delicious and filling. The smoothies were outstanding as well, we decided for a poppy seed and an apple-spinach one. We were very satisfied with the price as this is an 100% raw vegan restaurant.
The man was very friendly and patiently explained everything to us as far as his english/german let him :-)
Definitely worth going there! See as well my blog about my vegan experience in Budapest: http://rawsday.wordpress.com/2013/07/26/vegan-in-budapest/

Pros: Taste, Price, Variety
Cons: his moderate english skills
poohfriends
poohfriends

Food ok, but too expensive

Posted on 07 / 15 / 2013

After reading the good reviews here, we had to try Mannatural. It's not located downstairs anymore, but has a nice retaurant in the street.
We asked what everything is and they recommended a mix plate menu. One plate should be enough for two adults and a smoothie and cake is included in the menu.
We got one mixed playe and everybody (2 adult, 3 small children) got a small plate with crackers. The children didn't like anything, but we found it tasteful.
There was a red smoothie which was said to be cherry. It tasted really strange. I asked if this was ok and they said it also contains grapefruit. They should have said this in the beginning as the taste was very different than just cherry.
When we were finished I went to pay. The bill was 9600 forint. This was much more than expected. There were two cakes on the bill which should be included in the menu. After notifying this the bill was 8300 forint. This was still much more than expected. We didn't receive a specification. They billed two menus and we only ordered one. They billed the crackers which we didn't order at all. We thought they were in the menu as they were put on our table.
We had a really bad feeling when we left.

Cons: Too expensive, Billed things we didn't order
earthville
earthville

Healthiest food in Budapest — and great desserts!

Posted on 06 / 19 / 2013

I ate here twice on my recent short visit to Budapest, and really enjoyed it both times. There's plenty of interesting creations to try, and they offer several mixed-plate and menu options to help you sample their flavors affordably.

Whatever you do, though, don't miss the stuffed cabbage rolls, which are quite interesting and satisfying, and the delicious desserts.

Their juices and smoothies are great, too. I especially liked the poppy seed smoothie.

Very friendly service, with good English spoken by some of the staff.

One tip: Though their posted hours suggest they are open until 9pm, in practice they sometimes close as early as 8pm if nobody is there, so be sure to arrive before 8:00.

Highly recommended! :-)

Pros: Fresh, raw, healthy, & tasty, All vegan, Great smoothies and desserts
JScorse
JScorse

Another nice one in Budapest

Posted on 06 / 10 / 2013

Everything tastes kind of the same but good for a hot day when you want to keep it simple. And the nut milks and juices get 5 stars--you can get them to go and stock up!!!

jellybean
jellybean

Great find

Posted on 06 / 08 / 2013

This was a great find. Right around the corner from the Parliament. I loved that they had sampler platters so you can taste several dishes without having to choose just one or two. The staff explained all the dishes to us.
The smoothies and cakes were bonuses. Enjoyed everything we tried.
Loved that it was both vegan and healthy.
So glad to find good vegan food on vacation and not have to settle for another salad.

lu22
lu22

Brilliant find

Posted on 06 / 06 / 2013

Having thought it would be really difficult to find lactose free veggie food in Budapest, this was a great find. They offer a range of raw vegan salads and dishes as well as juices and deserts. This was my first raw experience and I really enjoyed it! Brilliant value for money, lovely setting and very friendly staff who are more than happy to explain dishes.

Pros: Value for money, Friendliness of staff, Setting
Elsa7
Elsa7

Great first raw food experience

Posted on 04 / 06 / 2013

The restaurant is nicely decorated (they hide well that it is in a basement).
I got a plater. It was many different sorts of cabbage (and others) and all of them very well prepared and tasty.
Great experience.
The staff spoke good English and explained all dishes :)

little-stone
little-stone

best in Budapest.

Posted on 02 / 06 / 2013

Went here on the recommendation of a fellow hostel stayer and I'm so glad I did. One of the best meals I've had in Europe. For 2500 HUF (12 usd) you get a sampler plate with ten types of salads and spreads, a fruit or veggie smoothie, and an choice between one of their many delicious cakes.

If you are in Budapest and don't make it here you will really be missing out. It's close to the parliament building and very easy to find/walk to from the center.

Pros: the cakes!, lots of different seeds and nuts used, great value
VeganTrav
VeganTrav

A must!

Posted on 10 / 06 / 2012

I went there for lunch with a friend and we had the " all you can eat menu". Every single dish was very tasty and well seasoned, we especially liked the poppy and sesame seeds milks, they were amazing! You should also try their fresh apple-spinach and apple-veggie juices. The staff is extremely kind and helpful, we also had some desserts, the carob mint pie was simply delicious. I would come back to Budapest just to eat there again, not to miss!

Pros: tasty, cosy, healty
happy.traveler
happy.traveler

poppy seeds

Posted on 09 / 27 / 2012

Not a big choice of dishes. The ones that I tasted were fine. The poppy seed drink was realy delicious.

Pros: modest menu
vege77
vege77

Very good food

Posted on 09 / 01 / 2012

I went there with my husband. The place is small, only 7 tables... it is in the cellar... but it doesn't matter any how. Staff are very friendly. He took a mixed platter, two smoothies, 2 lemonades and a Raffaello cake. Everything was very good. For all together we payed 4400 huf; I would say very normal price. The cake was really delicious! We came back next day, just for cakes and smoothies. I tried rose cake, and it was heavenly good. My husband had chocolate cake and carob cake, all very good. The place is cosy, could use little more decorative touch.

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff, good price
Joemac
Joemac

Fantastic Raw Food Restaurant.

Posted on 08 / 01 / 2012

Great raw food selection. I went for the mixed plate for 1500L, good variation and tasty. The cakes are to die for, 450L per large slice and the dairy free poppy milk drink is a must. To top it all off, the staff are incredibly friendly and informative, with perfect English. It has a humble look and setting, like being in a cotton womb. This place is a must for raw food and vegans!

Pros: good cakes., good milkshakes., knowledgeable staff.
Cons: humble setting., could do with a bit more variation., raw food burgers? they need a dehydrator.
Sidoine
Sidoine

surprising and good

Posted on 07 / 20 / 2012

My first raw restaurant
Surprising, very friendly staff, good dishes, desserts good to ( except the topping with coconut fat), nice place.
I'll go again

Zaz
Zaz

Great food, great service

Posted on 05 / 01 / 2012

It's easy to miss this place as it's located down some steps on a quiet street near the Parliament. However, it's a gem once you're in there. The man who served us was very friendly and recommended us the mixed plate, which was basically an arrangement of different salad dishes accompanied by some unusual but tasty seed crackers. We were advised to eat slowly and chew a lot and we obediently followed the instructions, finding that we were fuller for longer afterwards. The smoothies were very good and the cakes were very creative. Given a better location, this place would probably be a lot busier. Definitely recommended!

Pros: Delicious smoothies, Great salads, Good service
Cons: Difficult to find
NataliaR
NataliaR

Healthy and delicious food

Posted on 02 / 14 / 2012

Don't be discouraged by the appearance of the place; it is in a basement and does not look very neat or pretty.
But the service is great, everybody speaks English and the food is good. They don't serve very processed foods like most vegan restaurants but rather have all raw ingredients and everything is "home" made there.
My boyfriend and I paid 5,400 HUF for two smoothies, two mixed plates, a whole lot of desserts (they are delicious!) and a medium topperware with food to take away.

Will definitely go there again!

Pros: friendly staff , healthy food, raw ingredients
Cons: poor aesthetics
CeciliaTegner
CeciliaTegner

Do not miss!

Posted on 01 / 20 / 2012

Great place w/ super friendly staff! Really hard to find, since it's hidden in a basement with just a small sign on street level. We were 13 people, and they were still able to let us in during lunch for a mixed platter, smoothies, cake, soup and tea. We were REALLY treated! All this food for just 2200 HUF p.p, awesomeness! Everything tasted amazing and a lot of the ingredients were from the owner's farm.

Pros: Great food!, Great staff!, Great value!
Cons: Hidden location

Dear Owner and Manager of Mannatural: