The deli is veg-friendly though not all vegetarian. Lunch only. more-less

First Review by yellowdog democrat
psyjdc
psyjdc

Wonderful lunch

5 Posted on 02 / 01 / 2014

We were traveling on I-20 through Alabama and found Manna on Happy Cow. It is rare to find a good veg restaurant close to the interstate, so we tried it for lunch. Thank you Happy Cow for leading us to this great place.
I am vegetarian and lactose and gluten intolerant. It's tough to find a good lunch on the road. But, Manna delivered. I was very pleased at the quality, quantity, and tastiness of the food.

Pros: Great food, friendly staff, accommodates all kinds of diets
Cons: on a very busy st. & hard to cross traff, only open for lunch
kaylene
kaylene

• raw

A definite favorite

5 Posted on 07 / 24 / 2011

I really like how this store offers wonderful things like organic produces from the local Snow's Bend Farm and bulk food. There are some vegan options in the cafe for lunch and often, people can pick up a garden salad.

Pros: Cafe, Bulk, Variety
Cons: Few Living Foods Options, Organic is consdidered too expensive , Not enough living foods variety.
yellowdog democrat
yellowdog democrat

Fantastic

5 Posted on 08 / 29 / 2007

Manna's been around a LONG time, and while some complain that they're expensive, they're worth EVERY DIME imho. I've shopped in many, many coops and health food stores, and I've missed Manna since leaving Tuscaloosa. Along with carrying an amazing amount of items, serving yummy veg options, and being happy to special order anything one's heart desires, they put their earnings where their heart is and support great local causes, too.

Pros: Delicious food, clean, well-stocked store, Friendly management and staff
Cons: not open enough

Dear Owner and Manager of Manna Grocery and Deli: