A coffee shop serving vegan comfort food. Has Wi-Fi. Closes entire July month. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Organic, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Take-out
Michelsberg 15
Wiesbaden, Germany 65183

Call for hours - tell us

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by MicheleVeganese

Dont believe the other reviews!!!

Posted on 09 / 16 / 2015

Let's start with the good stuff:

The location of the place is alright. It's in downtown Wiesbaden, pedestrian area. There is not much on the menu, but it looks tempting (simple meals: pizza, burger, doner, salad, potato, fries...). You can sit both inside and outside. The chef (worker?) who works there was super hospitable and friendly. That's about it for the good news, let's see the bitter aftertaste of having lunch there:

* The atmosphere inside is not cozy. At all. The refrigerators housing the soft drinks and beers are very loud, and the music keeps getting turned on, and off, adding to the cacophony. The tables are neutral, with no decoration - proving that this is a fast food place, not a Haut cuisine restaurant.

* No toilet. in 2015? For real?

* There IS wifi internet, but the customers are not allowed to use it. In 2015? For real? Adding to the annoyance was the ?boss? - ?owner?, who was sitting next to us, playing loud videos on his cellphone.

* Food: the doner was more a pita then a doner, very small portions, no decoration vegetables on the plate. The doner meat was very tasty but sadly, half cold. The burger was not better either. The "meat" itself was very small. For a 9 euro, specialty of the house, definetely too small.

Folks, only if a place serves vegan food only, that does not mean it has to be this expensive, or that we have to worship it and give it five stars all around!

Somebody mentioned that they stock 250 *different* kinds of beer - are you kidding me?! Who wrote that?

Also, we would have loved to tried the almond milk based vegan cakes - but after the main meals, that were average at best, yet very expensice by fast food standards, we did not feel like spending FIVE euros on a piece of cake.

So, once again, super friendly staff, and a place that could have a lot of potential, but I have a feeling it's Vegan not because of ethics, but because of trying to cash in on veganism being popular right now in Germany.

Pros: super friendly staff
Cons: too expensive for what you get, small portions, no toilet, no wifi, not cozy

very nice

Posted on 03 / 22 / 2015

I've been there during the "Veggie-World"-Fair. Fortunately we were a little group, so we ordered many different dishes and afterwards cake and muffins, and shared all of that, because the food was so delicious and yummy. I'm not a keen beer drinker, but if you like beer, you will find there 250(!!!!!) different vegan sorts of beer! As well they have a nice selection of different lemonade. Definitely a nice, small, but cosy place to suggest, and on my next visit I'll surely go there again.

Pros: very nice and friendly staff, excellent fresh organic food, great selection of drinks

Posted on 03 / 21 / 2015

Etwas langsame Bedingung, ansonsten lecker!

a little delight!

Posted on 12 / 05 / 2014

This was such a fantastic treat. The food was exceptional. The service was wonderful. The price was beyond fair. Everything was cooked right in front of me! The environment offered a quiet and cozy atmosphere. The music was perfect. Everything, was perfect!

Highly recommend this wonderful little treat close to city center!

Pros: food, service, atmosphere
Cons: no restrooms

Delicious Kumpir

Posted on 10 / 22 / 2014

While passing through Wiesbaden I checked HappyCow for locations and decided to stop by. Food was good People were friendly. When back in town I will return here...
For Travelers: The street is pedestrians only...

Pros: Good food, Freshly prepared
Cons: none

Variety of good organic vegan meals and cakes

Posted on 11 / 17 / 2013

I am living in Wiesbaden City. Since Manik Veggie Cafe started business, I know a good place to go if I don't like to prepare a meal on my own. In the meanwhile I tasted most of the vegan meals and I can tell you: they are all very delicious. As I try to use organic stuff in my daily life, this also happens here for most of the ingredients. During my last visit I noticed that the menu has been extended to second page, so the variety now is really excellent. There are vegan Döner, Flammkuchen, Burgers and different vegetable arrangements.
The staff is really friendly. The chef asks for feedback and as a frequent client I know that he works on continuous improvement.
I also like the furnishing, especially the decent light games around the counter.

Pros: Good food, Organic, Friendly staff

Dear Owner and Manager of Manik Veggie Cafe: