Serves meat, veg options available. Formerly all veg, but now serving chicken and fish in addition to many vegan options. Health food, natural remedies, organic products, spicy pumpkin coconut soup, pesto on toast with tomatoes, shakes, hummous, tahini, salads, and pastries. Patio space with waterfall and soothing colors inside. Hosts an organic night market on Thursdays 4-8pm. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Western, Non-veg

First Review by Baza
Sonja and Dirk
Sonja and Dirk

decent

3 Posted on 06 / 12 / 2014

As Manik was right by our hotel, it was the first place we ate after arriving. Even though they are no longer all vegetarian, we were expecting more vegan options on the menu. Maybe we were jet lagged too much, but we really had to look for the V symbol on the menu. I got the raw pad thai salad which was decent, but not very filling. Dirk got a mushroom tempeh sampler dish of some sort and he seemed more pleased. Another couple got soups and springs rolls, but again, not the largest portions. Overall, it had vegan options, but there are better places to go nearby.

Pros: convenient location
Cons: few vegan items
tleigh
tleigh

Nice Falafels -Tiny Serving!!

3 Posted on 04 / 27 / 2014

I was dying for falafels after 3 weeks in Bali!
We were brought here by a driver when we asked for 'Vegetarian Restaurant' I was stoked when we arrived and they had falafels on the menu. I was less stoked when my meal arrived, it was tiny! I could have easily eaten 3 servings...comes with a tiny bit of pita bread, and a tiny salad. The price was expensive for the size of the meal, and lets face it, falafels are SO cheap to make! They were really really delicious though and I think that made the tiny serving seem so much worse.
I can't remember what my husband had but he was underwhelmed and ended up eating my sons meal.
The owner came over and talked to us, and he seemed very weird, it was a bit unnerving, seemed very keen to talk only to my son (8 years old) not cool. I wanted him to leave us alone.
There seemed to be a lot of people coming and going to the Yoga classes upstairs, it would be better if they had a different entrance or something.
In saying all that, I would go back there, there are very very limited choices in Bali to eat vegan, unless you're happy having a banana. For every meal.

Pros: Delicious falafels, Delicious smoothies
Cons: Serving sizes too small, Pity they now serve chicken and fish, Too much Yoga traffic in & out!
VeganMush
VeganMush

overpriced, miniature portion, good shop though

2 Posted on 03 / 20 / 2014

Opted for the broccoli/rice patty 'burger' with salad and potato wedges as this was the only vegan burger. The patty was very thin and fell apart/crumbled, the burger was mainly bread roll. The salad was fresh but very small (just a few lettuce leaves and a couple of slices of tomato). The potato wedges were small and not cooked that well and there were only 5 of them in total.

The surroundings were nice with a natural mosquito repellant to use on each table which was a nice touch.

There was a good shop with some nice veggie products to buy (food, oils, toiletries) plus jewelry and cards etc.

The staff were polite and friendly enough but could have been a bit more attentive.

There was also loud live music from a neighboring property competing with the music in the restaurant producing the effect of a kind of 'white noise endurance test' vibe.

Whole experience was therefore a bit disappointing and even though I really wanted to like this 'mainly veggie' place I wouldn't go back for food.

Perhaps it's a nice place for a coffee (on a day where they aren't competing with next door's music but I'll be giving the food a miss.

Pros: free natural mosquito repellant
Cons: expensive, small portion

cocoholic
cocoholic

Nice place, mostly organic, some raw options

3 Posted on 12 / 28 / 2012

The location is nice but directly at noisy road. The menu offers something for everybody (carnivores, vegans, vegetarians, raw foodies, glutenfree stuff) but the portions are rather small for the price and you have to add 15% to the price on the menu. I only tried their raw food dishes and I'm not sure if they really understand the raw food idea because the raw desserts came all with some brown sugar sprinkled over. Once after eating there I also got a blurted stomach as previous reviewers mentioned. I would go there again but it won't be my favourite place in Bali since the price-value doesn't feel too good to me.

Pros: raw food offers on the menu, nice cosy interior, friendly staff, English speaking
Cons: price/portion, close to noisy road, maybe not clean enough for westeners
Sali Sun
Sali Sun

Hit & Miss & Yum

2 Posted on 12 / 12 / 2011

We tried Manic organic while in Sanur despite the reviews we thought we would take our chances. It also had really pure & sweet ambiance nicer than most places in Sanur.

Ok we went here twice once for dinner then next day for lunch.

Both times we had the Immune Smoothy coconut milk, banana, nutmeg ( and maybe something else we cant remember)it was super delish.

Here's a sample of other things we tried.

I had spring rolls, fresh & crunchy a little bland in flavor
My husband had the rice paper rolls really fresh but also bland in flavor.
He also had the Traditional Balinese dish which was quite oily & quite bland ( he got sick from this & the tempe somehow tasted like fish to me..) Second day he had the Raw pad thai, it was a joke... just a plain old salad,small & uninteresting, as my husband said, he wouldn't be happy if he made that for himself, no thai flavors & compared to Soma's raw pad thai... it was just sad. & they forgot his rice...

I stuck to the more western flavors & faves I had the Vegie lasagne which was a good size portion fresh & nice flavor & the second time the Brocoli/rice Vegie Burger it was super tasty fresh & delicious, the home made hommus was the highlighton it. The home made fat potato chips with the burger where great don't expect much from the side salad that comes with it though.

All in all Yum & hit & miss with portion size & sick tummy.. We wouldn't go back.. but it was a refreshing light space in Sanur, staff are really friendly & fast, there's free wifi too.
Updated from previous review on Monday December 12, 2011

Pros: Yum Western Style Meals, Great Ambiance, Lovely Staff
Cons: Small portions, Sick tummy
Morbid Cafe
Morbid Cafe

Wouldn't go back

2 Posted on 10 / 17 / 2011

I was rather excited to try it out but was rather disappointed. The food was really below average, and both my partner and I had sore stomachs the whole day after. Not much choice in the 'health drinks' either that they eagerly advertise on the side of the building. I would much rather get a green drink at a cool cafe nearby and eat local food at a little restaurant at the beach.

Pros: literature
Cons: boring food, stomach ache
jshah
jshah

good

3 Posted on 06 / 10 / 2011

This place is good esp. for people who want to eat local flavors that are veg. We had a humous and a morocan rice curry. The rice was really good. I tend to be more of a western eater and like more familar flavors, but if you have exotic tastebud- I think you'll really like this place. very affordable and seemed very clean.

Pros: lots of local food and flavor, nice staff, diverse types of food
Cons: staff didn't know much, not fancy
Perth Geoff
Perth Geoff

Good vegan options

4 Posted on 04 / 10 / 2011

This place serves really fresh healthy vegan options. It's a shame that it also serves meat now. Still it's worth going there for the vegan food if you are looking for a fresh change from the regular Bali food. They make excellent fresh juices with bamboo straws. P.S don't support the Kopi Lewak industry it's the new factory farm caged animal of Bali. http://baliexoticcoffee.com/?p=66

Pros: Fresh healthy food, Good size serves
Cons: Serves meat, Unethical coffee producer

Dear Owner and Manager of Manik Organik: