Serves meat, veg options available. Serves Burmese cuisine, featuring clearly marked vegetarian and vegan menu items. Try the curry coconut tofu. There are veg friendly appetizers, curries and noodle dishes. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Burmese, Non-veg

Tue-Sun 11:30am-2:30pm, 5:00pm-9:00pm

First Review by proper or pompous?
caloy2809
caloy2809

SO GOOD!

Posted on 08 / 08 / 2015

My fiance and I stopped into Mandalay on our way back from a road trip. We live in Indianapolis, and now we are trying to think up ways to get back to Bloomington!

We started with the Mandalay Fritters, which were really filling and delicious fried patties made with red beans and I'm not sure what else. They came with a spicy sauce.

I got Yellow Beans and Onions, mostly because it seemed so simple and I wanted to see if it would be delicious or just basic beans and onions. I can't describe the flavor, but it was amazing. It was also very filling, and after the fritters I could barely eat any of it. I took it home and got two meals out of the leftovers.

My fiancé got the Coconut Curry Tofu dish. He loved it. It tasted good to me, a little different than other curries, but I liked my food better. :)

Overall, it was delicious and very reasonably priced. I can't wait to go back.

(PS, Happy Cow only allows a max of 4 stars for a non vegetarian restaurant. This one would definitely get the full five if I could give it.)

proper or pompous?
proper or pompous?

small but good

Posted on 11 / 09 / 2012

i spend ten days out of the year in bloomington, and look forward to eating at mandalay at least twice every visit. the coconut curry tofu is excellent. it's pretty much my go to dish, and i've never been disappointed. i do wish there were more vegan options though.

Pros: nice staff, c.c.tofu, location
Cons: serves meat, limited vegan options

Dear Owner and Manager of Mandalay:

Last updated: 2013/08/19

Added: 2012/08/26

Added by: proper or pompous?