Mandala Organic Arts

A center offering nourishing meals, live music, free wifi, art gallery, community talks, and workshops. Food prepared with fresh produce from its own permaculture garden and local organic farmers. Has vegan pizza, raw chocolate, raw desserts, probiotic drinks, juices, elixirs, organic coffee, and teas. Relaxed ambiance. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Pizza, Organic, Raw, Western
2558, Gold Coast Highway, Mermaid Beach (near Pacific Fair)
Gold Coast, Queensland
07-56791762

Open Tue-Sun 11am-3pm lunch and Mon-Sun dinner.

First Review by Neerga
angelakelly02
angelakelly02

So Much Variety!

3 Posted on 07 / 30 / 2014

Great cafe, it's pretty great stuff to be able to go somewhere where you can eat everything on the menu! As a vegan I'm not use to so much variety. The food is great, the atmosphere is chilled, just a great little place.

MaggieDubyk
MaggieDubyk

fantastic place to eat

5 Posted on 06 / 19 / 2014

Had the pizza and one of the raw dishes and the food is beautiful. The taste was awesome and although feeling full the food felt light and healthy. The variations of pizza was also a pleasant surprise. Definitely a place worth the money. The coconut ice cream and raw cake for dessert is also definitely recommended!!

scottydancer
scottydancer

Just OK

2 Posted on 04 / 26 / 2014

We went with friends and one of them was very ill after eating here. Our meals were just OK. The pizzas were sloppy though.
The place looks quite grotty, it needs a good scrub - and there were feral children screaming around the place. Not conducive to a relaxing meal with friends.

Pros: Off street parking
Cons: A dirty restaurant, Screaming, feral children, Sloppy pizzas
itzjac
itzjac

Great food!!

4 Posted on 04 / 22 / 2014

I went here for dinner with a group of non-veg friends a few weekends ago while visiting the Gold Coast.

When going out to veg places I'm always a little worries non-veg friends won't enjoy it as much as me - but I had nothing to worry about when eating at mandala! Every meal was fantastic!!! Although the hands down consensus was the nachos - super delish!! :)

Ambience was nice with lots of outdoor seating however it is BYO wine only - only downfall in my opinion.

Definitely worth a visit! :)

Cons: Nachos , Mandala stirfy
DavidHearne
DavidHearne

GREAT food and place, relaxing for vegans and all.

5 Posted on 03 / 01 / 2014

Vegans rejoice! A wonderful place where the food is vegan and lovely - the raw pizza in particular is great! The outdoor area is great, very relaxing, what a spot! No-where on the Coast or in Brisbane is this relaxing as you chow down on Vegan food either on your own or with friends.

We bring non-Veggie friends here too as they love the place and the food - it's just such a great place.

A very special place because you can eat outside and relax, knowing no animals suffered for what you enjoy. A wonderful place the THE veggie place to try on the Gold Coast.

Pros: Great food - raw pizza!, Outdoor seating is the best, Nice staff that try to please
Cons: Indoor seating = loud music

JewelMaule
JewelMaule

Yummy and filling.

4 Posted on 01 / 28 / 2014

I love Mandala! The pizza here is amazing. I haven't tried too much of the menu but the salads are also wonderful.
The bill does add up very quickly if you start to order a few things. But that is only expected at vegan/organic restaurants at this point in time.
We have had quite a few birthday and going away dinners there and every time we call up to make the booking the staff make it quite clear that there is no splitting the bill.

Pros: Great Variety, Fully Vegan, Live music
Cons: No split bills, BYO surcharge , No aircon
Purejoy58
Purejoy58

Tasty Experience

5 Posted on 11 / 17 / 2013

Thought I need to put this in a review so everyone knows. Have been dining at Mandala's for just over a year now. Every time I have dined here the food has been absolutely amazing. Have taken non vegans with me and they have also enjoyed the experience. Would highly recommend to anyone looking for a tasty non expensive place to eat.

vegan louise
vegan louise

Definitely one of my favourite places to eat

5 Posted on 08 / 17 / 2013

This is definitely one of my favourite places to eat on the Gold Coast. I just love the chilled out feel of this place, the amount of space and that you can bring your dogs and sit outside. Wait - the food is great as well. This is a good variety of cooked and some raw items as well. I particularly love the pizzas. They make their own delicious unique drinks as well. They have have performances and engage with the community with talks and film nights. Mandala Arts Cafe is just my kind of place!

Pros: Great chilled atmosphere, Food yummy, Can take dogs (outside)
Cons: Not closer to where I live
Petesternz
Petesternz

Impressive menu options

5 Posted on 07 / 03 / 2013

First time at Mandala, and I have to say we were pretty impressed. The pizza options are fantastic, and we enjoyed ours quite a bit. I had the Satay pizza which was innovative and flavourful with a nice crisp thin crust. Our appetizer was also good - nachos with yummy guacomole and "sour cream". The highlight may have been the dessert pizza with a fig jam base and chocolate sauce. Very yummy. Good atmosphere too. The place was packed, so service was less than stellar. Could have used a few more servers...

Pros: Great options, Interesting menu
Cons: Pricey
phoebeanne
phoebeanne

Best pizzas on the Gold Coast!

4 Posted on 03 / 01 / 2013

Mandala Organic Arts is the number one place on the Gold Coast for vegan pizzas! They have a huge menu to choose from filled with delish pizzas, salads hot dishes, raw options and much more! Be sure to enjoy a fresh coconut cracked open right then and there! Or choose any of the refreshing drinks from the "probiotic bar" to compliment your meal.. After a satisfying lunch or dinner, they have many amazingly tasty treats for dessert options.. The outdoor seating is perfect during the day or for star gazing at night! If you're on the coast, be sure to stop by Mandalas for the relaxed, friendly atmosphere and of course an amazing vegan meal ;-)

Pros: Amazing food/drinks, friendly staff , great atmosphere
Cons: can be over crowded , a few meal mix ups, certain meals are small portions
RobynPoppins
RobynPoppins

Delicious, fresh and quality!

4 Posted on 10 / 02 / 2012

They are now open for lunch and the food here is tasty. There is a community garden which makes a great spot to hang out and there is live music most nights! Such a great vibe on the Coast, and the food is delicious too! They do Brazilian cuisine and pizzas and try to keep the menu fresh and new. The ingredients are quality and the raw desserts are a real treat!

Pros: kombucha on tap, live music, vegan pizza
Henley
Henley

Three worlds is now Mandala organic cafe

4 Posted on 04 / 13 / 2012

Our first visit since they've re-branded from what was Three Worlds.

Firstly, the pizza menu is just as good, a little expanded if memory serves. We had the Thai pizza, which was probably the most un-italian pizza I've tasted, but good all the same. Tempeh and nut cheese with broccoli florets, red onions, on a base of Thai style coconut cream with lemongrass, ginger, garlic and a hint of chilli.

Also had the mung bean pasta with roast vegies, which included mushrooms, sun dried tomatoes, olives etc...So good to find a vego place that makes use of mushrooms!!!

The meal sizes were just about right for two people with normal appetites.

Although we didn't have any salads this time, we saw what other people were having and they all looked very tasty....will have to wait till next time....

Pros: organic, vegan, cruisy atmosphere
Cons: none so far
Vegan-Winter
Vegan-Winter

Sloppy pizzas anyone?

2 Posted on 04 / 02 / 2012

I am sad to say this place has taken a nose dive since ownership changed. The first time we went they burned out pizza, they gave us a replacement and that one was sloppy. We went again to give them a second chance and our pizza was so soggy that if you picked it up it fell apart into four pieces. We had to use a knife and fork and it was soggy and sadly we could not even finish it. The nachos we got were all pretty much burned as well like the above reader mentioned. We told them about the soggy Pizzas but they did not seem to care. I don't think we will be back. Shame the pizzas used to be so great :(

Bianca green girl
Bianca green girl

hippy love

2 Posted on 02 / 27 / 2012

went here for lunch, had the nachos which were on the burnt side, my friend had the burger, the patty was raw, bit unpleasant,said it came with 'chips' which were 3 pieces of baked potato. It looked very unclean and unkept, certainly not a high end joint. There were seats on the floor, a teepee with wild children running around. I wont be back.

Cons: simple , grungy, expensive
Neerga
Neerga

I wish it was open for lunch too

4 Posted on 11 / 30 / 2011

This place is a great place to go on the Gold Coast for something different. The food is great and the staff are ok. If you feel like a healthy pizza then look no further. The "cheese" is delicious but sometimes they are a bit heavy handed and it can end up being a little rich.

Pros: Great food, Reasonably priced, Something different
Cons: Too much "cheese" on pizzas, Waited a long time for meal, Not open for lunch

Dear Owner and Manager of Mandala Organic Arts: