Upscale Tibetian-Vietnamese fusion, opened in 2011. Multi-floors, large rooms, long tables. Good for banquets and receptions. Large menu with English. Call for hours before you go! Please send exact map geocode to happycow. Price: Expensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Fusion, Vietnamese, Tibetian

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by gallivantingnomad

The food is good with Tibetan decor

Posted on 03 / 13 / 2015

It is a little incongruous to have the strong Tibetan theme but Vietnamese food, but I guess Buddhism is the link. There is another Tibetan cafe like this in HCMC too.

I have eaten there a couple of times and both times the food was fine. I think it must have improved from the first review some years ago.

The menu is wide, but standard Vietnamese in range. Rice, noodles, hot pots etc.

I liked the banh xeo, because that can commonly be too oily, but was good at Mandala.

The hot pot (lau) was also good, and like a number of good vegetarian places put medicinal herbs and roots in the hot pot for health. I forget which hot pot was ordered (there are usually 3-4 flavours).

All in all, a good choice for lunch or dinner.

Pros: Food was fine., I like Tibetan style.
Cons: Not really stand out food

One of the restaurants not to miss

Posted on 06 / 15 / 2014

Having visited 5 other restaurants in Saigon it is the one I would like to visit on my last day. It has a vast selection to choose from, and its good to know that the sauces they give you are safe. Nice atmosphere.

Mandala need to work on their food!

Posted on 12 / 19 / 2011

The building and atmosphere are amazing. The food not so much. Of the 5 dishes ordered, one of which was inedible; there was not a lot of excitement. The food was very bland and rather boring. The curry had no curry flavour at all and I have eaten many curries in Vietnam. If they sort out their menu with some tasty dishes they would be on a winner.

Also their waiters and waitresses were more interested in messing about pulling each others hair and throwing things at each other.

Only deserves one cow as it stands now (Dec 2011)

Pros: Art work, Style
Cons: Food, Wait Staff

Dear Owner and Manager of Mandala: