Small restaurant located two blocks from Plaza de Armas. Offer a large variety of vegan and vegetarian food. Menu of the day comes with salad, soup, main, drink, dessert, and side of yogurt. Vegans should specify, and say "no yogurt, no cheese." Open Mon-Sun for lunch and dinner. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Peruvian, Chinese, Western
207 Jerusalen St
Arequipa, Peru

First Review by jcjames11
yanoom
yanoom

Not good...

Posted on 12 / 24 / 2014

We went with a family of non vegans, after they were recommended on that place.
We all had "the menu" (a 3 course meal), since all other options were vegetarian.
The food wasn't very good: the soup was salty, the mashed potatoes felt like potatoes soup and the fruit salad wasn't vegan.

Pros: Cheap, Nice atmosphere
Cons: Not tasty, Not much of a (vegan) variety
sglcklch
sglcklch

Best bet in the city

Posted on 07 / 20 / 2014

This seems to be the vegetarian restaurant in the city center at the moment. All the other places I hit up were either not open or appeared to have gone out of business. So, I ended up eating here three days in a row—once for dinner and twice for lunch.

The food was basic, but tasty and very inexpensive. Lunch was an incredible deal—bread, a soup, a small appetizer, a main course, a drink, and a dessert, all for 7.5 soles. The downside is that they only offer one option (which changes every day), so you won't have much of a choice. Also, not everything is vegan and there will most likely be something with dairy/eggs in it. However, they do understand what vegan is and will adjust your order on request. Both times I came for lunch, one of the items in the main course was not vegan. They just left that one out and gave me more of the rest. For dinner, they also do set meals that come with a soup and a drink for 10 soles. You can pick your main plate from a list of dishes.

True, the interior is seriously lacking and doesn't look at all inviting. But, once you get over that, this place is actually pretty good in terms of food quality and value, not to mention the central location and that they stay open for dinner.

Pros: great value, location
Cons: shabby interior
DIANE240378
DIANE240378

vegan options

Posted on 09 / 21 / 2013

I ate here for lunch &dinner once. The 1st time i found it i walked away as it didnt look good from the outside &menu was very cheap, cheapervthan the normal lunch. It was 4soles for 3 or 4 course. I met people a few days later who said it was good &i should try it so i did &i was happy enough with it. It typical perivan lunch food but vegan friendly &great value

Pros: very cheap, open at night
Cons: basic

aisawesome
aisawesome

closed when I came :(

Posted on 06 / 16 / 2013

I REALLLLY wanted to come here on my day in Arequipa, as it sounds like this is the best veg restaurant there. We came on a Sunday, as it lists being open on Sunday, but they were sadly closed :( We got there at 2 something which I assume is still lunch time..but maybe not? Maybe they're only open til 12 or 1? Anyone know? Was bummed :(

HeatherNicholds
HeatherNicholds

Fantastic

Posted on 03 / 09 / 2013

This place is great - food is excellent, service is wonderful, and the price is the best of the vegetarian places we've been to in Arequipa. It's 7 soles for the menu at lunch, which includes salad, soup, main, drink and dessert. They also give you a yogurt unless you tell them you can't have dairy. The salad on the day we went had cheese, but they made a plate of sliced cucumbers, tomatoes and olives instead when I said we couldn't have dairy.
They're also open for dinner, which is good since most of the other vegetarian places aren't, but they don't have the same set menu available, you basically order a la carte although you can add a soup to your main for very little.

Pros: Delicious food, Amazing service, Great value
Cons: not everything's vegan
Jenny Lemons
Jenny Lemons

My carno hubby wanted to go back twice!

Posted on 01 / 07 / 2012

My husband and I tried this restaurant for lunch and ended right back there for dinner. Very intimate, the owner and his wife are very nice and try really hard to understand broken Spanish. We tried two soups (homemade and authentic), their custom salads (homemade venegrette and perfectly crisped tofu made this salad amazing), and the Ricota Relleno (husband tried, has eggs and cheese but he scraped his plate) and highly recommend each item. They have many mock meat items on their menu with veggie burgers, chinese food, etc. Easy to find near Plaza de Armas.

Pros: Fresh ingredients, Family owned, Many vegan options
eiros
eiros

great value

Posted on 01 / 07 / 2012

basic little restaraunt with suberb food. paid 6 soles for the set lunch menu which included an entree, soup, main, drink and desert (we didn't eat the desert as it seemed as though it was a jelly). Great value in Arequipa.

Pros: good value, fresh and healthy
jcjames11
jcjames11

Good food

Posted on 10 / 21 / 2011

Went at Lunch time. Had a Special menu 10 sole. Soup of the day was delicious. Then a choice of a main course I had rice and vegetables. My partner had tofu and pineapple sweet and sour and rice. Also with Tea.
Plus as an extra we had the delicious home made lemonade.
The menu was in English and the staff were very helpful and friendly. Maybe place in need of lick of paint.

Pros: good value, healthy cuisine, excellant food
Cons: in need of lick of paint

Dear Owner and Manager of Mandala: