July 2014 re-opened in Yokohama after move from Fukuoka (was there for a few years). Fast food restaurant specializing in what it calls "natural junk" food: veggie burgers, veggie dogs, french fries, nuggets, and several veganized Hawaiian dishes (such as spam musubi and malasada). Dishes are marked on the menu with either an "L" (contains milk) or "V" (vegan). Kitchen stops 30 minute before closing. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, American, Fast food, Hawaiian, Take-out

First Review by jenhowell
otherside27
otherside27

Garden mana - the burger I should have eaten TWICE

5 Posted on 02 / 26 / 2011

I missed my shinkansen to go and eat at mana burgers for a second time. THAT'S how much you NEED the burgers! Also, I got horribly lost and had to ask in a tea shop (after 2hours of walking in increasingly wrong directions! doh!) AND the convienience store. I was starved when I got there, and ordered the regular mana burger in my delerium, having forgotten then "eat the avocado garden mana" review. So, in my "meh it's ok" state, I ordered some deep fried seitan (sooo full!) which kept nicely until the next day, and ice cream! The ice cream is incredible you get a HUGE tub portion, not a scoop! Even the second time, when they ran out of chocolate, the green tea ice cream was still great. The "strange flavour" is the tasty brown rice syrup they use instead of sugar to make ice cream good for you! I chatted to the folks in the kitchen who were all super friendly and they gave me a mana burgers magnet to remember the burgers by, and said they hoped to see me again next year! I can't wait 'till I can eat the Garden mana burger again! The sauce!!!

Pros: Garden mana, Friendly, cool staff, Small shop (foods, tshirts etc)
Cons: Hard to find, ~30min from main train station
Ged
Ged

Messy Burgers!

3 Posted on 04 / 09 / 2010

The burgers are the messiest I've ever had and needed several towels to keep clean. Taste OK, but I've had better. I tried the Vegan ice-cream - it had a peculiar taste and was frozen solid which made eating it difficult.

Pros: friendly service, english menu
Cons: expensive, limited menu
puppyguitar
puppyguitar

Best veggie burgers I've found anywhere.

5 Posted on 02 / 27 / 2010

I agree with the above review: these veggie burgers are the best of the best. Even my non-vegetarian friend still gets cravings for them, months later. I particularly recommend the tonkatsu burger, which is huge, messy, and incredible. They also serve some excellent canned beer from Nagano. It's a little pricey, but if you've been in Japan for long, you know that it can be pretty difficult to find good beer here. Combine it with a burger and fries and you've got the perfect meal. Don't miss Mana Burgers if you're in or near Fukuoka.

Pros: Great burgers, Great beer, Friendly staff

jenhowell
jenhowell

Best Veggie Burger in the World

5 Posted on 12 / 28 / 2009

The title of the review is not hyperbole - Mana Burgers in Fukuoka really do serve *the best veggie burgers in the world* - or at least the best I've ever tasted, and being from Portland, Oregon, I've tasted quite a few. I particularly recommend the Garden Mana, served with perfectly ripe avocado and a tasty sauce. The burgers here manage to be extremely flavorful while also tasting ridiculously healthy and they don't skimp on veggies. The menu specifies which burgers are vegan or vegetarian and the staff are very friendly. The restaurant is just off a main street near a police station. If you're in Fukuoka *do not miss* Mana Burgers. If you're elsewhere in Japan, make a trip out there to eat the great food and see the wonderful sites. Mana Burgers and Fukuoka made a vagabond Portlander feel at home once again. :)

Pros: excellent food, good value, friendly staff

Dear Owner and Manager of Mana Burgers: