CLOSED: Mana Burgers

July 2014 re-opened in Yokohama after move from Fukuoka (was there for a few years). Fast food restaurant specializing in what it calls "natural junk" food: veggie burgers, veggie dogs, french fries, nuggets, and several veganized Hawaiian dishes (such as spam musubi and malasada). Dishes are marked on the menu with either an "L" (contains milk) or "V" (vegan). Kitchen stops 30 minute before closing. FEB 2015 REPORTED SHUT, WEB AND FB NO LONGER. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, American, Fast food, Hawaiian, Take-out
2-21-12 Yokohama-shi, Kanagawa
Yokohama, Japan 225-0002

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by jenhowell
Jessica-Chickpea
Jessica-Chickpea

Mana Burgers

Posted on 11 / 07 / 2014

Well worth the trip to Yokohama from Tokyo even if you're on visiting for a few days. If you love your hot dogs, and mock-meat burgers, then you'll enjoy Mana Burgers!
Very tasty 'chicken' and soy nuggets with an amazing dipping sauce. The sloppy joe hot dog was messy as expected, but super delicious. We left feeling like we would explode, but it was well worth it!
Make sure to take the rapid or express trains from Shibuya so that it doesn't take so long.
Take the north exit from Tama Plaza station and walk right down the street so that the Seibu Shopping Centre is on your left. Turn left at the first street and keep to the right. Mana Burgers is on the right side of the street, a few minutes away.

Pros: Amazing food, Friendly staff, Good value
Cons: Not close-by
otherside27
otherside27

Garden mana - the burger I should have eaten TWICE

Posted on 02 / 26 / 2011

I missed my shinkansen to go and eat at mana burgers for a second time. THAT'S how much you NEED the burgers! Also, I got horribly lost and had to ask in a tea shop (after 2hours of walking in increasingly wrong directions! doh!) AND the convienience store. I was starved when I got there, and ordered the regular mana burger in my delerium, having forgotten then "eat the avocado garden mana" review. So, in my "meh it's ok" state, I ordered some deep fried seitan (sooo full!) which kept nicely until the next day, and ice cream! The ice cream is incredible you get a HUGE tub portion, not a scoop! Even the second time, when they ran out of chocolate, the green tea ice cream was still great. The "strange flavour" is the tasty brown rice syrup they use instead of sugar to make ice cream good for you! I chatted to the folks in the kitchen who were all super friendly and they gave me a mana burgers magnet to remember the burgers by, and said they hoped to see me again next year! I can't wait 'till I can eat the Garden mana burger again! The sauce!!!

Pros: Garden mana, Friendly, cool staff, Small shop (foods, tshirts etc)
Cons: Hard to find, ~30min from main train station
Ged
Ged

Messy Burgers!

Posted on 04 / 09 / 2010

The burgers are the messiest I've ever had and needed several towels to keep clean. Taste OK, but I've had better. I tried the Vegan ice-cream - it had a peculiar taste and was frozen solid which made eating it difficult.

Pros: friendly service, english menu
Cons: expensive, limited menu

puppyguitar
puppyguitar

Best veggie burgers I've found anywhere.

Posted on 02 / 27 / 2010

I agree with the above review: these veggie burgers are the best of the best. Even my non-vegetarian friend still gets cravings for them, months later. I particularly recommend the tonkatsu burger, which is huge, messy, and incredible. They also serve some excellent canned beer from Nagano. It's a little pricey, but if you've been in Japan for long, you know that it can be pretty difficult to find good beer here. Combine it with a burger and fries and you've got the perfect meal. Don't miss Mana Burgers if you're in or near Fukuoka.

Pros: Great burgers, Great beer, Friendly staff
jenhowell
jenhowell

Best Veggie Burger in the World

Posted on 12 / 28 / 2009

The title of the review is not hyperbole - Mana Burgers in Fukuoka really do serve *the best veggie burgers in the world* - or at least the best I've ever tasted, and being from Portland, Oregon, I've tasted quite a few. I particularly recommend the Garden Mana, served with perfectly ripe avocado and a tasty sauce. The burgers here manage to be extremely flavorful while also tasting ridiculously healthy and they don't skimp on veggies. The menu specifies which burgers are vegan or vegetarian and the staff are very friendly. The restaurant is just off a main street near a police station. If you're in Fukuoka *do not miss* Mana Burgers. If you're elsewhere in Japan, make a trip out there to eat the great food and see the wonderful sites. Mana Burgers and Fukuoka made a vagabond Portlander feel at home once again. :)

Pros: excellent food, good value, friendly staff

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Mana Burgers: