Mantang Fu Vegetarian

Offers traditional vegetarian noodle and rice dishes, soups, and mock-meat dishes. Menu is in Chinese on the wall and also has a picture menu. Wait staff speaks only Chinese. Nice environment. Located on metro line 12 at Ningguo Road station, left at Exit 2. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Chinese
1842 Changyang Road, Yangpu Disctrict
Shanghai, China
86-02165209131

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by PaulineChiangMai
Tianci
Tianci

We Second the Review: Great Little Place!

Posted on 08 / 12 / 2014

We appreciate Pauline's review and excellent directions to find this little "hole in the wall"! We recommend this to anyone interested in a friendly atmosphere, great taste, and clean. One note for those who would like the address in Chinese: 上海市杨浦区长阳路1842号. Chinese name is shown in the first picture.

The portions are much larger than typical vegan or vegetarian restaurants, thus the price is quite reasonable. We chatted with the owner/ manager for most of our meal. They are quite friendly but do not speak any English. They have a picture menu which is quite helpful for those who do not speak Chinese.

One downside is the size of the restaurant: small! Because of their great prices, the cleanliness of the place, and great taste, it is indeed a favorite with the locals. If you get there at rush hour, be prepared to share a table with others; (traditional Chinese custom in crowded restaurants)! I would have given it a five cow rating if it could accommodate more people.

It is conveniently located as Pauline as described in her review if you take the subway.

Pros: Great taste, economical and large portions , clean
Cons: small; few tables , no English spoken
PaulineChiangMai
PaulineChiangMai

Great little place!

Posted on 04 / 13 / 2014

I had someone write for me the Address in Chinese. I don’t think we would have found it without it. Sorry that I cannot copy the address as I don’t write (or speak) Chinese. Getting there, take subway line # 12. Get off at Ningguo Rd and take exit #2 from the subway station. The info we had stated that it is located within a hotel. We didn’t see any hotel.
This is a tiny restaurant, plastic tables, crowded, clearly very popular with locals. They have a menu with pictures. No English. The selection was very large, and everything we had was truly wonderful. It was so good that we went there twice, although it meant a special trip. Inexpensive.

Pros: excellent food, good value, friendly staff and atmosphere
Cons: No address in Chinese
  • Tianci Tianci

Pauline: Thank you for the excellent instructions on finding this little place. I have submitted a request to update the information, including the Chinese so others may locate it without the problems you did! I also added a couple of pictures to help folks in the future. We did not get a chance to eat there, but did talk to the staff and reviewed the menu. We will definitely return there soon!

Dear Owner and Manager of Mantang Fu Vegetarian: