Mamouns Falafel Restaurant

Serves meat, veg options available. Several locations. One side of their menu is vegan with menu items that include hummus, falafels, and tabouleh; but there is a lot meat. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Middle Eastern, Mediterranean, Fast food, Take-out, Non-veg
85 Howe St

• Cash only

First Review by veggiesattva
supertoad
supertoad

If I could vote for only one place with a review..

Posted on 09 / 26 / 2014

If I could vote for only one place with a review... that place would be Mamouns. Since becoming vegan, this place is consistently amazing. I have even gone so far as to drag my family here from Bristol two days in a row for their amazing Baba Ganoush, Falafel and Hummus.
One half of the menu is vegan, there really is no sense in me saying anyting else. Take it from me - Mamouns is my pick for fast vegan faire weather I'm in New Haven or not.

Oh and Tshirts are 5 bucks - dress like you work there!

Pros: Price, Options, Food
Cons: Bathrooms, Parking
MargaretCruzzavala
MargaretCruzzavala

Authentic Middle Eastern Cuisine

Posted on 11 / 06 / 2013

Excellent restaurant, great staff, BYO wine, cool T-shirts! It is a favorite with the locals for good reason. Perfect for vegans.

Pros: Very affordable, Excellent dishes, Great staff
veggiesattva
veggiesattva

Cheap reliable falafel place with half-veg menu

Posted on 03 / 06 / 2012

This was the first place I ever ate in New Haven 9 years ago, and I still keep going back for its reliably awesome falafel, hummus, tabouleh, and ful mudammas. Sandwiches are incredibly cheap - like, under $5 cheap. 1 sandwich is a good light meal, while 2 sandwiches or a platter will fill those with a larger appetite.

This place seriously feels like you're in another country, in the Middle East somewhere. The walls are covered in rugs, the biggest chandelier I've ever seen dominates the ceiling, and the food is unbelievably cheap. Homemade mint iced tea is great; the tabouleh is actually parsley-dominant, which is a nice change of pace; and small desserts like baklava and halva are great to grab on your way out the door after you pay your bill at the counter.

Open til 3am, definitely worth checking out, and much better than the other Middle Eastern place you'll pass on the way down Howe Street (Kasbah Garden), who seem to think it's okay to serve tahini that tastes like peanut butter. Also a pleasant place to sit at 2 small outdoor tables in nice weather.

Pros: so cheap!

Dear Owner and Manager of Mamouns Falafel Restaurant: