CLOSED: Mama Pacha Vegan Cafe

Raw food cafe and tonic bar with a retail space selling packaged superfoods and dehydrated snacks. Menu features raw food and desserts with sample items such as New Mexican burrito, nori rolls, pizza, pesto noodles, warm chai and tea. Everything is gluten-free, soy-free, and yeast-free. Hosts cacao parties, live music, raw food classes. FEB 2014 REPORTED SHUT, FOR RENT SIGN. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Raw, Organic, American, Juice bar, Take-out, Catering

cookiem
cookiem

Raw can be heavy

3 Posted on 09 / 10 / 2013

This place is super sweet and cozy, and you can see the staff making the food. The price is a bit high, but that's the cost of raw food - perishable items do not last long. The choices are somewhat limited, but they are relatively tasty. However, my one concern is that their menu and food items have a greater emphasis on nuts (burrito, pizza, dessert) than on the veggies. I prefer more veggies. The food tasted good, but I did not feel as healthy as I could have after eating what felt like a 1/2 pound of nuts or more. I support their efforts to promote this lifestyle, but next time, I would eat part of it, and save the rest for later, with more of my own veggies.

Pros: Flavor, Fresh, Cozy
Cons: Too many nuts, Slightly pricy
Turee82
Turee82

Smoothies

2 Posted on 03 / 16 / 2013

A friend and I have been on a smoothie kick and we were near mama pacha so we gave it a try they were watery, chalky, bland, and overpriced. I added blue green algae an the addition was two dollars extra.

Pros: Polite staff , Convent location
Cons: High price , Gross smoothies
babysunbear
babysunbear

First raw vegan restaurant we went to was success!

4 Posted on 03 / 10 / 2013

My husband and I were on vacation and were in Santa Fe and needed some delicious vegan food! I found this place by googling for vegan restaurants, and I'm glad we chose it!
We had the burrito, spring roll wrap thing, and tiramisu. Oh my gosh, that was good! I thought the sauces were really nice and the tiramisu was amazing!
On our three week long road trip, this was one of the best places we went to. The only bad thing was between my maps app and not being familiar with Santa Fe, we had a hard time locating it.

• wnoyes21 wnoyes21

This place doesn't serve any food any more. Also the man working was on the phone when I walked in and didn't even take the phone from his ear to talk to me. It took us three tries to even find them open, even though we were going during their posted hours.

mindwalk
mindwalk

Delicious food!

5 Posted on 01 / 04 / 2013

Had the pizza & a salad. The crust & cheese were amazing & the fresh salad was excellent & quite large. The owners were very gracious and Kevin generously shared some recipes. Try a dessert if you still have room!

daytag
daytag

Price & Food Review

3 Posted on 10 / 27 / 2012

I tried the pizza and it was good, however, I did bite down on an olive pit or something hard. Smoothies vary, they never taste quite the same. They are a little overpriced.

KimMiles
KimMiles

Beautifully Raw in Santa Fe

5 Posted on 10 / 11 / 2012

New Mexico is known as the Land of Enchantment. To vegans and vegetarians, it can also be the land of meat. Mama Pacha does much to bring the enchantment back to eating for those of us who are plant-based and looking for a good meal. All of the food is carefully, lovingly prepared, and it's as beautiful to look at as it is delicious to eat. Be sure to save room for dessert!

Pros: wonderful food, friendly staff, calm, clean atmosphere
iggy
iggy
  • fruititarian

Raw food in cowboy and meatland.

3 Posted on 09 / 07 / 2012

I tried a couple of the menu items. It's difficult for me to give them a great review probably because I don't really care for the high fat and condiment-filled dishes that these kind of restaurants serve. I had the burger, the bun was like a brick, inedible. The rest of the burger was not much better. The nachos were a lot better. I'd go back once more to try the salads to see if they get those right.

Pros: Vegan raw, nice atmosphere
  • AmmaPacha AmmaPacha

It needs to be pointed out that this comment is made by a "fruitarian."

Hullsb
Hullsb

Wonderful vegan/raw food restaurant

5 Posted on 08 / 25 / 2012

Visiting fromWI, I was happy to find this excellent vegan/raw food restaurant. The staff was wonderful and very helpful in sharing some of their secrets on preparing the delicious menu items. I truly enjoyed my three visits there.

Roses
Roses

YUMMMM!

5 Posted on 08 / 18 / 2012

The food is prepared with such love and the highest quality ingredients. To make this raw food at home could take days because there is so much preparation time to make the individual parts that can go into one dish. Isabelle and Kevin are so warm and welcoming. I love their fresh juices, their superfood smoothies, the medicinal salad, the wraps, the raw cakes and pies that are gluten and dairy free. The desserts taste so rich and delicious they don't taste like health food at all, but they are!! Yummm. Go with friends so you can share and experience several fabulous dishes at once. I feel so happy and healthy when I eat their food. It is nourishing and nurturing.

Pros: excellent raw vegan food, healthy beautiful cuisine, friendly owners
Cons: none
Caroline9999
Caroline9999

Excellent, delicious, clean raw food

5 Posted on 08 / 15 / 2012

This is a much needed and wonderful addition to Santa Fe. I love it and go there often. Hands down the best vegan food I have had in town, raw or not! Everything is fresh, organic, and beautifully prepared. The juices are delicious and the coconut wrap is to die for!

stevenp
stevenp

Exquisite Delicious Food

5 Posted on 08 / 14 / 2012

Excellent Food that is for everyone: raw foodies- vegetarians and non vegetarian! The creative and varied choices ensures that I always have a balanced healthy meal that leaves me feeling so happy, nourished and satisfied. The quality of the dishes rivals the best of the best raw food and vegetarian food in the country/ the world.
The smoothies and wraps are so so yummy, creative and healthy. Even then non-believers will love what this place has to offer. The owners prepare the food with so much love, care and respect.
The desserts are surprisingly so delicious without any white sugar or white flour. I do suggest you share with a friend as they are filling.
Bring your friends and share, so you get to experience lots of the menu.
I have gained a greater appreciation of what it takes to create quality and authentic raw food.
Ahh--finally an truly raw cafe in Santa Fe that truly does it right. I am happy!

Pros: High Quality, Creative Food, Excellent Ingredients
Cons: None, None, None
zaphod
zaphod

Really tasty food

5 Posted on 08 / 01 / 2012

The food we had was very good. We had a salad and bread-less sandwich (can not remember the specifics - we were traveling). The flavors were great, and the service friendly. I recommend it to anyone...

Pros: Really good, Fresh, Clean
normita
normita

great food!

5 Posted on 07 / 19 / 2012

just had my first meal at mamapacha - it was delicious, a great addition to santa fe eating choices. they are really doing it right!

Pros: tasty, clean, healthy
TraciS
TraciS

MUST! MUST! MUST!

4 Posted on 06 / 30 / 2011

Oh. My. Heavens!! Visited Durango for the day, & I'm so happy I could walk to this location. Located in the basement level of the Smiley building, you order a meal from Kevin and Isabelle (the sweetest duo around), & you then enjoy a meal out in the courtyard, under trees and surrounded by grass. I went to "heaven" and back while eating their burrito wrap! Talk about a curry cashew cream that will rock your world! Throw in some raw coconut, and I was an immediate superfan. Their desserts are phenomenal, and they are always happy to chat about health, food, books, and cooking! Please support this compassionate couple, and help spread the word in Durango of this much needed cafe!
Updated from previous review on Wednesday June 29, 2011

Pros: Very friendly, Unique, amazing flavors
Cons: only a few tables
HeatherMartinez
HeatherMartinez
  • herbivore

Lifesaving Salads

5 Posted on 05 / 12 / 2011

I just started a cleanse and lucky for me I found Raw Heavens just in time. I've had their salad everyday this week and plan to keep eating them throughout the cleanse and beyond. And their Chai is not only delicious, but balancing, comforting, and has completely replaced my daily coffee. I wrote a short story about my first experience at Raw Heavens, "Transformative Fluorescent Green Dressing" that can be viewed at http://www.heathermartinez.com. I recommend RH to all my friends and coworkers. I know they have a growing menu, but I've stuck to the daily Chai and salad. I look forward to trying more.

Pros: Delicious, Nutritious , Friendly staff
K-Lea Gifford
K-Lea Gifford

In Raw Heaven in Durango

5 Posted on 04 / 18 / 2011

If you are looking for terrific raw food in Durango you will not be disappointed with Raw Heavens! Located conveniently in the heart of downtown Durango you can "grab & go" a delicious and beautiful meal to not only nourish but heal you. Enjoy a gorgeous salad with fresh flowers or a slice of pizza with amazing mushrooms mostly locally grown. The "so-ham" quiche is wonderfully filling and so delightful while enjoying on the backyard lawn just outside the Raw Heavens kitchen. Let Isabelle and Kevin share their love with you in their well thought out, creative cuisine.

Pros: beautiful food, grab & go convenience, super foods for sale
Team W
Team W

Amazing!

5 Posted on 04 / 15 / 2011

My family and I stopped in at Raw Heavens while visiting from Wyoming. I was charmed by the owners who chatted with me as they assembled our meals. The place smelled so good and I had high expectations. We took our meals to go as they don't have a place to stay and eat yet. My husband and I LOVED the food. We had a pizza and a curry wrap, both came with a mouthwatering salad. The ingredients were fresh and delicious. When we visited the restaurant had only recently opened, but you can tell they have been making sumptuous raw food for a long time. I highly recommend that you stop in and give them a try. You won't regret it!!

Pros: food is amazing, owners are friendly, trying something new
Cons: take-out only, but not a big deal
  • raw

Local Raw Vegan

5 Posted on 04 / 09 / 2011

We make Raw 100% Vegan and Gluten-free pizzas, burritos, cakes etc.. we also have high quality organic raw Superfoods. We are located in a building that uses only solar power and is as green as you can get. All our preparations are Organic, of course meat-free, and dairy-free. We have various entrees, like butternut squash soup, salads like Hemp sauce avo salad, and we also have medicinal raw chocolate bars for dessert with Agaricus Blazei, Cordyceps and more... We also offer almond milk smoothies, green smoothies, fresh juices and Kefir.

Equity
Equity
  • raw

AMAZING RAW VEGAN FOOD!

5 Posted on 04 / 09 / 2011

The owner with more than 13 years being raw and many more being vegan sure knows how to prepare the most somptuous raw vegan dishes. All she does is gluten-free, but not only all grain-free but also goes so far as being yeast-free. Everything is always completely Organic and fresh and as much as possible she uses local fresh food or greens she grows herself in her garden. She even has recently began growing medicinal mushrooms that she includes in some of her delicious recipes. Although she says she likes to use some Miso to give flavor to her cheese and also soy milk to make a high probiotic Kefir all the rest is totally soy-free. Come taste her amazing lemon or mocha cheesecakes and her "ham' pizzas and burritos made with fresh coconut meat. You will feel like truly being in Raw Heaven!
Those who like the "very healthy" side of raw vegan foods won't be disappointed either as she never forgets to include some coconut oil for the lauric acid, some Hemp oil for the Omegas 3, 6, and 9 and she is even thinking of including some Sea Buckthorn to add some of the rare Omega 7! She also knows where to find the best sources for her products and orders truly raw cacao and cashews from Big Tree Farm in Bali and likes to search for small scale organic producers all over the world with whom partnering.

Equity.

Pros: very high quality, extremely healthy, cheap

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Mama Pacha Vegan Cafe: