Mama Jean's Natural Foods M...

Organic produce, bulk food and spices, supplements, vitamins, cosmetics and more. Knowledgable staff. more-less
1727 S Campbell Ave
Springfield, Missouri 65807
417-831-5229

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by veggiequeen
Flower
Flower

A Local Market with Integrity

Posted on 01 / 06 / 2009

I am a health food enthusiast that enjoys organic produce, gourmet foods and reasonably priced items. Having lived in all of the major cities of Missouri, I've seen my share of health food stores and local markets. Mama Jean's has expanded exponentially in the past five years, but the customer service remains solid. The staff goes out of their way to help me research the answers to my questions and offers a generous variety of samples to try. The owners of Mama Jean's run their business with integrity and it's plain to see. I've seen a number of health food stores and corporate franchises selling the same organic items over suggested resale, but Mama Jean's keeps their items affordable. Believe me, you can't get what Mama Jean's has to offer anywhere else, so give it an honest effort and enjoy this unique find.

Annabell
Annabell

My favorite store

Posted on 10 / 23 / 2008

They have a great selection on vegan goods. I love their premade foods, I never get to eat food in restraunts, so going to MJ is such a treat. I adore their bulk section and produce is pretty good. It's my favorite place to go!

Pros: bulk, premade foods, pretty good looking staff :)
Cons: it'd be cool if they expanded vegan wise, trailmix of some sort...I can't find any, more of those mini shopping carts
Naturegirl
Naturegirl

New Location!

Posted on 09 / 27 / 2008

Mama Jeans finally has it's second location open. I love it because it's nicer and closer to home. This store is bigger than the first location and the veggie section is expanded :). My only negative observation is this - do the employees HAVE to look like they just crawled out of bed? Dress as bizarre as you want to - I'm an individualist also but one can at least look clean and combed! Also - I don't want to see the crack of your bum or your boobs. Still... I love Mama Jeans. I shopped at the real Mama's (Jeans Healthway) for years.

Guest
Guest

Love This Place

Posted on 03 / 08 / 2008

They have all the "green" stuff you could possibly want. Produce section isn't the biggest. They are over-staffed, seemingly, which is good for customer service. They have people who know what they're talking about, esp. in the supplements section. They have purified water for refills. They have an area to sit down in front and premade meals (sandwiches, soups, pitas, etc.). They have a huge selection of personal care stuff. The bulk section is awesome. Some of the people there I have established a rapport with, uncommon for me when shopping. And, btw, the have a young, beautiful staff. Wow. Them girls are fierce!

Pros: staff, selection, location
Cons: a little pricey, discontinued items, bulk shampoos: need tea tree or euk db!
2561kevin
2561kevin
  • non-vegetarian

Great for Non-Vegetarians too!

Posted on 12 / 12 / 2007

When I first went into Mama Jean's I expected it to be just another health food store with half full shelves of pills, powders and old cans of organic what-not. Instead I found a bustling, energetic and fun place to shop! Bulk foods and spices, fresh produce, humanely raised meats, specialty beers and wines. You can find your pills and powders too but everything here is fresh! The staff is well informed and very nice. If you just love to cook the finer things in life you owe it to yourself and your wallet to come to Mama Jean's!

Pros: Great Value, Amazing selection, Friendly Staff
Cons: Tiny parking lot
Robert C.
Robert C.
  • non-vegetarian

Pretty good, but lacks consistency..

Posted on 11 / 02 / 2007

We like Mama Jeans as they have good products and a good selection for a small store, but we very often buy products and like them, only to return and find them out of stock or just plain gone. Their friendly staff always offer to order it for next time, but that doesn't help the present. I appreciate the need to try new products, but would appreciate consistency more. So we use a different local store and only go to Mama Jeans when we can't find what we're looking for.

Pros: Good products, friendly staff
Cons: Lack of consistency
  • Naturegirl Naturegirl

I agree with your comment... when the second MJs opened up they said they would have more stock room and would be able to keep up better. They have not though. It's the same old story... we're out, can we order it for you? When I commented the last time about them always being out of a specific item the response was.."well that's a popular item"... well duh! Wrong answer... keep more in stock then!! argggggghhh.

pathfinder
pathfinder

Mama Jean's Market - What a great SPFD addition!

Posted on 05 / 30 / 2007

This is one of Springfield's finest additions in recent years. Their staff is courteous and knowledgable. The food products are fresh and diverse. Be sure to ask for their "12 whole wheat grain flour tortillas which are shipped in on Tuesdays and Fridays as they are very popular along with the "6 size. They have that small neighborhood grocer feel that will keep you coming back every time! Be sure to stop by Bass Pro across the street for any camping, outdoor and travel needs should you be travelling through on your way to other destinations.

veggiequeen
veggiequeen

my favorite store in town

Posted on 03 / 08 / 2007

When i first discovered MaMa Jeans I was so happy! Their staff is friendly, their selection is fairly consistant and their prices are OK. They usually have what I need. We're vegans and I would like to see them add more vegan foods.

Dear Owner and Manager of Mama Jean's Natural Foods Market: