Macrobiotic center and shop on the ground floor of apartment block in Novo Sarajevo part of city. Sells ecologically produced foods and products: grains, soy foods, natural supplements, face and body care items, household products, and literature. Also cooking class, shiatsu massage, reflexotherapy, counseling. more-less

First Review by Stevie
twinkle
twinkle

Has some basics

3 Posted on 09 / 03 / 2011

I visited Makrovita when I was in Sarajevo last week (end of August, 2011). I visited the location in the BBI shopping center, a huge shopping center near the center of the city. It was a small shop and had some basic things (grains, soy milk, personal care, cleaning...). It was more things I would buy if I lived in the city and were cooking at home, not so much if I were traveling and needed to stop in for something. From the website, it seems like there are some educational programs. I think it is good that there is a shop like this in Sarajevo, but it is probably more useful for residents than travelers.

Pros: Central location, Basic organic products
Cons: Small
john_smith
john_smith

Makrovita, Sarajevo

5 Posted on 07 / 20 / 2009

In my opinion, Makrovita is the place to go if you are looking for organic food in Sarajevo. The staff was exceedingly helpful every time I visited the store, and as far as I am aware, most or all of them speak English in varying degrees, which is a boon to me as a non-native. The selection of products is pretty large, and I've noticed that they have nearly all the products that I used to buy in London.

Dijanam
Dijanam

To be a vegan in Sarajevo

3 Posted on 10 / 04 / 2007

Being inspired by this website, I visited the place yesterday. Offer is better than in some of the local shops, but prices are very high. I am not sure this is meant for Bosnians as well. However, I would highly recommend visiting Healthy Food Dept within Mercator and checking out Soya mixtures produced by Ducan Mali (written in Cyrillic). Plus in VF they have vegan hard cheese, 3 tastes (product of Macedonia). See, and pizza and lasagna are reality...

Pros: nice offer, nicely decorated
Cons: not easy to find, rather expensive
Stevie
Stevie

Makrovita, Sarajevo

4 Posted on 03 / 26 / 2007

Much needed, an oasis in Sarajevo. When I went the helpful girl who was working there didn't speak English. With me not speaking Serbo-Croat we tried to communicate in German and got along fine.

Located in Novo Sarajevo to the West of the city centre.

Pros: A health food shop in SJ