Serves meat, veg options available. A small low-key restaurant that offers multiple vegan options including curries, noodle dishes and more. Can make other menu items vegan upon request. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Chinese, Thai, Take-out, Non-veg

Mon-Fri 11:00am-2:30pm, 4:30pm-9:30pm, Sat 2:00pm-9:30pm

First Review by sliterk1
AllanBarger
AllanBarger

A nice find in an unexpected place

Posted on 07 / 19 / 2012

I attended a conference at Nothern Kentucky University located here in Highland Heights and found this location on Happy Cow. I was so glad. I've eaten there twice now. The waitstaff were very helpful and since I'm also eating the Esselstyn food plan (Forks Over Knives) I not only found their vegan options a great start, they went further in providing them without oils from stir-frying. I found the servers friendly, the kitchen accomodating, the prices very reasonable and the food delicious. This is on my "must-do" list when back in this area. Yay!

Pros: dellicious food, accomodating chef/kitchen, friendly waiters
Cons: I wish they had brown rice as an option
sliterk1
sliterk1

Great little local place

Posted on 02 / 13 / 2012

The first thing you should know about Mai Ploy is that it looks like nothing from the outside and isn't fancy inside. If you are able to look past the fact that it resembles an outdated diner from several decades ago, it's a real gem. The food is great and is always fresh and customizable. It's probably not the most authentic Thai you'll ever get but for American Thai, it's great. They have lots of veg/vegan options on their regular menu but the really nice thing is that they're usually able to make almost anything veg/vegan by request. My husband and I often go for lunch and the soup that comes with the meal is not vegetarian friendly, but they always make me a little bowl of custom veg-friendly soup for no extra cost. Just tell the server what you will and will not eat, and they'll help you. The pricing is very affordable, which is also a great benefit.

If you live/work in/ or visit the Northern Kentucky area, you'll know that you're often limited when trying to find veg options. Mai Ploy is a great option for those who want delicious, affordable food that can be adapted to fit dietary needs.

Pros: excellent food, good value, non-smoking
Cons: outdated building and decor, gets REALLY busy during prime lunch hour

Dear Owner and Manager of Mai Ploy Thai Cuisine: