Surrey vegetarian restaurant specializing in South Indian cuisine and Indian fast food: dosa, idlis, uttapam, chaat papri, golgape. Limited vegan options. Price: Moderate more-less
Lacto, Indian, Fast food, Take-out

nenni
nenni

Awesome!

Posted on 06 / 22 / 2011

I could spend a tonne of money here. I don't know a whole lot about East Indian Food, and the waiter that helped me was incredibly helpful and recommended things that she thought I'd like, and I loved them! But I can't remember what they were. Boo.

Pros: delicous, wonderful service
Cons: portions a little small
Eagle1809
Eagle1809

Uh-MAZING

Posted on 11 / 03 / 2010

Wonderful food, very fast, average price. Service was very nice as well. Got loads of napkins. lol Definitely recommend this restaurant to any Indian cuisine lover.

Pros: fast service, great food, nice selection
yardkitty
yardkitty

fave

Posted on 07 / 10 / 2010

Myself, my hubby and even our non-veg family come here frequently. The quality is excellent, items always consistent, and the owner really friendly. If I recall the average dosa is around $8 - 9 and comes with a coconut chutney, yogurt and sambar (spicy, heart lentil soup). We always get the Mahek dosa which has paneer, cashews and raisins in it. yummy. I highly recommend Mahek!

Pros: yummy, authentic

Hydrargyrum
Hydrargyrum

Vegans steer clear!

Posted on 06 / 02 / 2008

Mahek is awful! I had read their menu and was really looking forward to visiting this restaurant. Sadly, The portions were incredibly small. For $20, I still walked away hungry. And the food wasn't even very tasty. I have eaten at a lot of Indian places here in Surrey, and I'd say this one was very much at the bottom of the quality scale. There was too much sugar in everything. I don't think there was a truly savoury dish anywhere on the menu. And to add insult to injury, they have very few vegan options. They add yogurt to just about everything on the menu, too. The server also spoke very little English, and it took me a long time to clarify to him that I did not want to eat anything with dairy in it.

Pros: Comfortable environment
Cons: Overpriced, Small portions, Not delicious

Dear Owner and Manager of Mahek: