Maharajah Vegetarian Takeout

Vegetarian food for takeaway. Flavorful cooking with spices by lady of the 'house'. Informal setting. Try the egg-less chocolate cake. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Take-out, Delivery
6 Rondebosch Court, Cape Town (Fountain Square, Belmont Road, off Main road)
Western Cape, South Africa 7700

Nicok
Nicok

Lacked Flavour

2 Posted on 06 / 30 / 2012

I ordered samosas which arrived soggy as they had been blitzed in microwave. The bIryani too had been blitzed and arrived steaming. This dish lacked flavour and tasted stale. It may have been an off night, but I will not return

Cons: No flavour, Lacked spice
LievekeKoelma
LievekeKoelma

Real value for money

5 Posted on 02 / 11 / 2012

We LOVE this place, the food is so tasty and totally vegetarian and so well priced. You can have a starter like a samoosa, a roti with curry and a drink for two people, plus a take-away for the next day all for under R100. That's real value for money.

pistol_pete
pistol_pete

Maharajah's

4 Posted on 05 / 14 / 2011

I was impressed that they don't serve any meat or any egg products. Some of their offerings have dairy in them, but it is very easy to eat vegan there. I would definately recommend the soy mince samoosa's. Amazing. I was just a little disappointed that there weren't any vegan puddings in stock. But I'll definately be back:-)

Pros: No meat, No eggs, Compassionate literature to read
Cons: No puddings

Dear Owner and Manager of Maharajah Vegetarian Takeout: