Magda Luna

Serves meat, veg options available. Mexican food menu, marks the vegan possible choices. Has a salsa bar. Price: Moderate more-less
Lacto, Organic, Mexican, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg
1199 Broadway Ste 2
Burlingame, California 94010
650-393-4207

Open Tue-Sat 11am-9pm, Sun 11am-8pm.

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by no whey!
Lunch Box
Lunch Box

With Purpose

4 Posted on 10 / 25 / 2013

Finally! A restaurant with passion, with integrity, with purpose. I am vegetarian but I was dining with a friend who is 100% vegan. I am new to the area and asked about vegan friendly food at the organic shop up the road. The cashier highly recommended MagdaLuna.
We were there at an odd time, around 3pm so we had the place to ourselves. I looked around and saw a lot of brochures and table toppers with "cruelty-free" and "humanely raised" and similar language. I asked the girl at the register about the place and we had conversation about her mission with the restaurant. I could feel how passionate she was about setting a good example for other restaurants, for educating people about animal cruelty, and offering better options than factory farmed animal products. It was a great experience. It's not something I expected at all!
Onto the food!
I had a vegetarian "Sope" and my friend got the vegan version, oh and ALL the beans are VEGAN!! The refried beans on the sope were so tasty and the mushrooms had such great flavor. Everything was so fresh. I also got the vegetarian Enchiladas Suizas. That sauce was so good, I dreamed about it all night (not available vegan). I asked for extra tortillas to mop up the rest of the sauce.
My friend ordered the Burrito Uruapan. I had to have a bite. It was the best burrito I've ever had. I can't stress just how fresh everything here is. I am so pleasantly surprised to have found such a gem in my neighborhood.

Pros: So many vegan options!, Fresh, Friendly owner
Cons: No hard liquor :(
no whey!
no whey!

Viva la vegan food

4 Posted on 05 / 21 / 2013

A friend I was visiting insisted we go here since they have legit Mexican food AND vegan options. Good call! The menu was filled with Spanish terms I didn't know (Ha. I'm not ashamed) and connotations of what was vegan.

Everything was so fresh and flavorful. In retrospect, I wish I'd asked for a spicier option than the vegan burrito. I shouldn't have played it so safe!

The portions were gracious and filling, and the salsa selections were awesome. The atmosphere was modern too, I kinda liked the big sugar skull paintings on the walls. I'd love to come back for dinner sometime.

Dear Owner and Manager of Magda Luna: