Serves meat, veg options available. Ethiopian food restaurant in the city center offering some vegetable and lentil dishes. Be sure to say you want the meat-free version. Eat your food with injera bread. Price: Moderate more-less
Ethiopian, African, Non-veg

First Review by Ladan
si-moon
si-moon

If you like Ethiopian...!

3 Posted on 08 / 24 / 2014

Not having eatwn Ethiopian food before, this was an experiment for me.
The injera bread/pancake took a bit of getting used to for me, as wrll as this business of eating with your hands. But it went allright as you got over the fact that you were EATING WITH YOUR HANDS.
The restaurant in itself wasn't perhaps were you'd go on a date - it wasn't very cozy and it got rather loud in there with people talking and children running around. All in all it didn't seem as though they'd put much thought into the d├ęcor more than the posters from Ethiopia as well as other things/souvenirs on display.
Now, on to the food. I ordered the vegetarian dish which came with five different stews plus some salad. I especially liked the spinach one. I could however not get over the feeling that the food had't been prepared on site, but wasmed in a microwawe.
The variety of drinks wasn't all that big, but the staff was kind and there wasn't the slightest problem for them when I had to withdraw some cash from a near by ATM (as they didn't accept MasterCard).
Thank you Ma'Ed!

Pros: Good food, Nice staff, Service minded
Cons: Not very cozy, Food from microwawe?, Did not accept MasterCard.
skimmia
skimmia

very nice staff

4 Posted on 06 / 24 / 2014

I love the ethiopian vegan food - especially the spices.
Only one vegan plate, but it's very good

Pros: very nice staff, fresh cooked food
Cons: no desserts, only ice
Ladan
Ladan

Different experience

2 Posted on 05 / 04 / 2014

This place was cool. The staff was really friendly, the environment was warm. I was there just once. Their Spinat dish with Injera bread was good.

You can have a good & cheap meal at Ma'ed Ethiopian Restaurant.

Pros: Friendly Staff
Cons: More vegan options would be appreciated
  • Ladan Ladan

I would edit my review soon :)
    I think it is important that you give a neutral review som HappyCow ambassador in Copenhagen. Because we all have different taste of food. We were a vegearian & vegan group,16 persons that we ate there. Most of them like the food, but not me, the bread is not my taste and nor the food (Just their spinat dishes was ok)
    And another reason I gave them just to star was there is not many vegan dishes on their menu.
    I don't think I will eat at the restaurant again.

• alx alx

May i ask why you only gave them two stars? It doesn't sound like you disapprove that much in your review.
    /Alex