Serves meat, veg options available. Indian restaurant near Gare de Nice. Offers a handful of veggie dishes - vegans to inquire. Indian shows played on wall TV. Price: Moderate more-less
Lacto, Indian, Beer/Wine, Non-veg
8 Rue de Belgique
Nice, France 06000

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by meghnaj
Pamina
Pamina

Not a very good experience, but food ok

Posted on 01 / 03 / 2015

On my last day in Nice I wanted to have lunch at Le Speakeasy, but checking HappyCow again, I noticed that they would be closed that day. So I decided for Madura, as this restaurant was located very close to my hotel, I had in fact walked past it several times without knowing that it was featured on HappyCow. However, my visit was a little disappointing.

I was welcomed with a fruit juice on the house, but that was about the only positive impression I got. It was very dark and uncozy, and although there were not many customers, I couldn't choose a table and was shown to one. Service was not unfriendly, but quite indifferent, although staff spoke English and answered my questions about the menu.
I chose a veggie rice dish with kumin seeds and didn't have to wait long. The dish tasted fine, but it was rather boring and not special at all.

The menu has English translations, but there are only a handful of vegetarian dishes of which only three or four are vegan, so altogether, not a large choice. The prices were really ok, though, I paid 13,50€ for a dish with rice and a drink, I think that was really cheap for Nice.
I still think that I would have enjoyed it more if it had been more comfortable, but it was just so uncozy and the seats so hard, so I was happy when I was done with my meal.
I think it's ok to have lunch here if you need a veggie meal close to the train station, but otherweise, there are much better options in Nice.

Pros: The food tasted ok, Good location close to the train station, Very affordable prices
Cons: Totally uncozy, Not a large choice of veg meals, My meal was quite boring
meghnaj
meghnaj

nice indian restaurant

Posted on 04 / 20 / 2012

nice vegetarian food....

Pros: nice food, moderate price, nice location

Dear Owner and Manager of Madura: