Madras Pavilion

Vegetarian Indian restaurant. Offers a daily lunch buffet. Confirmed open Dec 2013. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Indian, Buffet, Kosher

First Review by Masalaflower
mathimp
mathimp

Uh-oh... what's happening?

3 Posted on 12 / 28 / 2010

I've been there 10 times. I enjoyed it 8. the problem is, those were the first 8 times I went. I'm hoping it's just a coincidence. I'm hoping something hasn't changed in their process. I'm hoping the next time I go it will be as good as the first 8, and not as bad as the last 2.

Pros: food, buffet, service
harekrishna
harekrishna

good south Indian food

3 Posted on 12 / 04 / 2009

Over the time, the quality of food has come down but still favorite of many for its dosa, vada and sambhar.

pjw2000
pjw2000

Make sure it's vegan

3 Posted on 05 / 23 / 2009

This place can be OK, but it can be tough to get an accurate answer on what's vegan or not. Like much of Indian cuisine, ghee (clarified butter) pretty much seeps into everything, making Indian food perhaps the least vegan-friendly vegetarian out there. It seems like anytime my friends and I go in there, we get a different answer. If you want to be more certain, Clay Pit knows what vegan means, labels items on the menu, and is perhaps the best Indian place in town.

Pros: Vegetarian
Cons: Sketchy for vegans
Masalaflower
Masalaflower

100% Superb: vegetarian Indian Buffet lunch!!!

5 Posted on 05 / 11 / 2007

For the best veg indian buffet experience, this is the place and Austin is fortunate. Weekday buffet has, like, 10+ items on the buffet, and the main problem is how to balance curiousity and healthy eating! The Sunday buffet is a few dollars more, and well worth it... an extravaganza with more entrees and 'mini' (only a foot long) masala dosas delivered to your table. Sundays are like a festival, with many tables full of large parties, an incredible brunch experience. The Madras Pavilion management of this production is amazing... Evenings are often mellow there, and if you're on a budget, you can always enjoy a bowl of savoury soup with pappadums.

Pros: delicious food, dedicated staff, spectacular buffet
Cons: decor needs a lil tune up

Dear Owner and Manager of Madras Pavilion: