Madison Market Central Co-op

Certified organic, natural foods cooperative emphasizing bulk whole foods, organic foods, local produce, special diets needs foods including raw & vegan, quality nutritional supplements, and locally crafted products. more-less
1600 E Madison (16th Ave E, Capitol Hill district)
Seattle, Washington 98112
206-329-1545

Open daily 7am-11pm.

First Review by Solomon
kindlizard
kindlizard

nice folks

3 Posted on 08 / 22 / 2010

I think this place is a bit odd. They want $60 to join. They have some super nice folks up front. They are expensive. They did honor a different co-op, which is cool since their deal was out of whack. I suppose I will go here only when I am in the area and in need, not for long term shopping.

Pros: nice folks
Cons: spendy, odd rules
Solomon
Solomon

MadMarket makes me happy

4 Posted on 08 / 28 / 2007

I live nearby, so my household shops there often. Bulk goods are bountiful, organic veggie selection is consistently good, and they have a large selection of nondairy ice creams (try the WholeSoy Chocolate - simple and yummy). There is a deli counter, but I don't spend much time there. My roommate reminds me that there is a good selection of int'l dairy cheeses and meats, but I ignore them because they are not food :) .

They are what they are, and that includes being a store on Capitol Hill, which is expensive. I wish their prices could be closer to what I think they should be, but there is always a premium for convenience, quality, and organic farming methods. We often buy bulk, and love the gallon of agave nectar we get once or twice a year.

Bus numbers 10, 11, and 12 stop outside; 8 and 43 stop nearby.

Pros: easy to get to, friendly staff
Cons: member prices are the same as regular..., except twice a month on "member days"

Dear Owner and Manager of Madison Market Central Co-op: