Madhuram Mirch Masala

Authentic Indian food straight from the streets of Mumbai. Basic atmosphere, very vegan friendly. Previously named East West Chat and Sweets. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Take-out
10758 FM 1960 Rd
Houston, Texas 77070
281-955-9878

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by davidfw1866
ArtBrowning
ArtBrowning

We'll be back, no question

Posted on 05 / 25 / 2014

We went for our first visit Saturday evening of Memorial Day weekend. When we arrived, it was empty but cooking sounds as well as good aromas came from the kitchen in back. Seeing an "order here" sign over the counter, we took menus to a booth, and as we pondered our choices, the place began to fill up, with both sit-down and take-away customers. We seemed to be the only non-Indian folks, probably a good sign.

Ordering was easy enough, and while doing so, I saw on a whiteboard next to me an item I had to try: "lemon masala soda." It was an unexpected treat, and I'm still thinking about the blend of spices and flavors in my lemonade. Intriguing! I liked it. But not as much as we enjoyed our malai kofta, vegetable biryani with yogurt and garnish, plus the added roti and a side of garlic naan. Mmm. Oh, and we couldn't resist getting some sweets to take home.

We're going to have to return many times to work our way through the entire menu. It's a small place, and not fancy, which suits me just fine. And as far as I could see, there was no styrofoam. (But I almost always bring my own reusable containers for leftovers.) I see on their website that you can order online, too. We might try that, but I enjoyed sitting among other happy diners.

Pros: flavor and freshness, happy owners, variety of vegan choices
deanthebeekeeper
deanthebeekeeper

our new favorite

Posted on 09 / 19 / 2013

My wife and I ate dinner here last night. We had the vegan thali. It was great. Service was great. Place was clean. We'll be back.

Pros: great food, ordering vegan was not a compromise , friendly service
davidfw1866
davidfw1866

Good but Dead

Posted on 11 / 20 / 2012

The food is good, but the place is dead, even at lunchtime.
The first time I went, the restaurant was closed at 11:30 am, and I didn't go in.
The second time I went, I was the only person there at noon on a weekday.
Like I said, the food is good, but expect to be the only diner.

Pros: food, price
Cons: atmosphere

Dear Owner and Manager of Madhuram Mirch Masala: