Vegan ice cream parlor and sandwich shoppe, opened Jun 2013 by owner of Tarzanas Madeleine Bistro (now defunct). Situated across the Westside Pavillion mall, the cafes simple interior utilizes reclaimed wood and materials. Makes ice cream with soymilk and almond milk as base, and the changing flavors include pistachio, mint chip, and peanut butter among others; waffle cone available. Sandwiches are panini style, and the list includes BBQ tempeh, chickpea salad melt, maddy mac veggie burger among others. Reported closed Dec 2013. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, American, Juice bar, Take-out
10893 W Pico Blvd (Westwood Blvd)
Los Angeles, California 90064
310-446-1965
  • Wheelchair accessible

First Review by Sonja and Dirk
Alkalized
Alkalized

Maddy's in heaven.

Posted on 08 / 23 / 2013

So, finally got a chance to check this place out and let me tell you, I am overjoyed about this place. For dinner I had the Maddy Mac, their spin on the McD's burger. This thing is on a panini with a fantastic grain based patty and an excellent faux thousand island. The desserts though is what Maddy's does to perfection. Their PBn'J gelato flavor was spot one but I went with my favorite dessert flavor, strawberry, and got the gelato in a waffle cone. Just good food. I'll definitely be coming back... really soon.

Pros: Gelato, panini's, excellent service
Cons: small menu, pastry's can sell out early, I get full.
ladude26
ladude26

I'm happy I found this place :)

Posted on 07 / 27 / 2013

This place is great. The Panini's were delicious. My friends mom had the portobello Panini, my friend had the barbecue seitan Panini which he liked because it was a little spicy, and I had the burger matty's mac i think it was called, which was also delicious. They told me that they made the burger from scratch homemade which is always a plus. The bread was really delicious also on the Panini's. I like that they have freshly squeezed juices so I'll have to get that next time perhaps apples, carrot, celery, beet etc.
For dessert I had a large gelato which was really yummy. I had both of their chocolate gelatos which was excellent. It may be healthier than the regular places but it tasted like regular gelato to me. I was happy to know that it was vegan and organic. It's nice that they are working on it. That would be great if they got organic espresso machine to make lattes, mochas, vanilla latte, almond or hazelnut latte, etc. I hear they're going to have Iced coffee and iced tea in the near future. I will definitely come back again. Also good service and friendly. I would love to see an eggplant Parmesan panini that's not deep-fried.

Pros: organic, food
Yvette Rigby
Yvette Rigby

Vegan ice cream galore

Posted on 07 / 22 / 2013

Maddy's was just across from our movie theatre, so perfect to stop in for some post-movie gelato. The waiter kindly allowed me to order half-scoops, so I went for a total of 4 flavours - cheesecake, walnut cream cheese brownie, cookies n cream and strawberry. So good!

JasmineHall
JasmineHall

Vegan Ice Cream HEAVEN

Posted on 07 / 03 / 2013

I went to Maddy's yesterday and was beyond thrilled! The Maddy Mac was unique and absolutely delicious. It had a special sauce that was oh-so-good, and the bread was not your traditional hamburger bun. It was a lovely artisan-style bread, perfect when grilled as a panini. What a satisfying lunch. Then, came the ice cream! The flavors they had in the case were hot chocolate, pistachio, cheesecake, strawberry, vanilla bean, peanut butter, and amaretto. I sampled about 4 of these, and then made my choices for a two-scoop WAFFLE CONE (which I had happy dreams about last night!) I chose pistachio and cheesecake - both wonderfully delightful. I can't wait to go back! Please go to Maddy's, even if you are not vegan, you will love it!

Pros: vegan waffle cone, family-owned and operated
evesmoon
evesmoon

Savory Sandwiches and Yummy Ice Cream

Posted on 06 / 30 / 2013

I had the chickpea-salad sandwich, which was warm, gooey, and delicious. My husband had the Maddy mac, which reminded me of that backyard hamburger taste. The portions were just right for me, but may not satisfy the appetite of bigger eaters. But, that's okay because that leaves room for ice cream after lunch. I had a waffle cone with almaretto and vanilla bean. Delicious and so creamy for gelato and the waffle cone made it taste extra sinful. We took home a carrot cake cream pie cookie (two carrot cake cookies sandwiched between a sweet layer of cream. None of the desserts tasted like soy at all, so I'm guessing almond or cashew milk based. Everything was amazing and delicous.

Pros: Simple Menu, Unique Sandwiches, Vegan Ice Cream!!
Cons: Portions may be a little small for some, A little pricey, but makes up in Quality
kenvegan
kenvegan

Delicious Vegan Gelato!

Posted on 06 / 23 / 2013

Vegan or not, the gelato here is the best I have had. Rich, creamy, and delicious! You cannot go wrong with any of the 12 flavors they currently have (they plan to expand to 24 flavors in the near future). I would also highly recommend the potato salad. I have a new go-to place when I have a sweet tooth. Highly recommended!

Pros: Food, Friendly Staff, Cozy vibe
Chia
Chia

Vegan ice cream on waffle cone + panini sandwich

Posted on 06 / 22 / 2013

I had read about this place on happycow and wanted to check it out. Was here in June and here's my Maddy's review.

It's a little place across from the mall. Park on the street in front or in the neighborhood behind during traffic hours. The interior is simple with the ice cream fridge right in front. On the day my friends and I visited we saw around 7 flavors displayed. Tried a few and liked them, though a bit on the sweeter side for me personally. I recommend getting your ice cream on the waffle cone that's offered for 1.50 extra--makes the experience more fun and enjoyable.

We all shared our sandwiches, which are assembled and pressed by panini makers, then cut into 2 halves, and served with a mini side choice of cole slaw or potato salad. Each cost $10-11. The bread used is a thick kind and hearty. All include a slice of vegan cheese (tasted like Daiya slices).

The BBQ tempeh sandwich is very flavorful and savory. The tempeh is marinated and is sandwiched with carmelized onion, avocado, cheese. and BBQ sauce.

We also shared a maddy mac, which was veggie burger patties and toppings between bread slices. All right flavor.

The chickpea salad melt was my favorite. Inside the salad is combined with gooey veganaise and cheese. Tasted fatty and yummy.

If you're in the area, definitely try it.

Sonja and Dirk
Sonja and Dirk

Fantastic ice cream!

Posted on 06 / 17 / 2013

We went to a preview day at Maddy's with a couple of friends. We were all impressed as the homemade super premium ice cream is fantastic. So creamy and the flavors really stand out. We tried the cheesecake, cookies & cream, amaretto and chocolate walnut fudge. There were about a dozen or so flavors available. The actual cheesecake dessert is phenomenal as well as the texture is just right. There were also 4 sandwiches on the menu in addition to potato salad and coleslaw. They should be adding more after they officially open. They were out of the Portophilly one, so we tried the Cajun Caesar, chickpea melt and Maddy's Mac. All delicious, but the Cajun panini really stood out for the flavor combination of spicy, yet savory and creamy. To drink, we got an iced coffee and a juice. Both Dave and Molly were there serving and chatting with customers as well as a couple of other friendly staff. We wish it was located closer to us as we'd be there more often, but it's definitely worth the trip.

Pros: super premium ice cream, food by Chef Dave Anderson, friendly atmosphere
Cons: location is fairly small

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Maddys: