A traditional bakery that makes a small selection of vegan baked goods, which might include brownies, cupcakes, and cookies. Gluten free options. Has coffee and other snacks, too. Call ahead to double check. more-less

First Review by Katkelsey
Katkelsey
Katkelsey

Vegan Baked Goods in Cornelius!

5 Posted on 06 / 04 / 2013

This bakery/cupcake shop has been around for about a year. They do a great job and being sensitive to gluten free and vegan diets. I have had vegan brownies, cookies and cupcakes here. All very good. The cupcakes used to vary in flavor, but they might be strictly vanilla and chocolate varieties to simplify things.

The staff is very friendly, they ask if you care that cupcakes of different types (i.e. gluten free and vegan and 'regular') are in the same box and are happy to box them separately. I've also gone in when all the vegan products were sold out. They made me fresh cookies while I waited with a coffee.

They were recently featured on CupcakeWars and have a fun variety of non-vegan flavors (they are decorated cutely too!).

I'm happy to have the options in Cornelius/Charlotte. I haven't run into another place that I can get fresh baked sweet treats in the area yet.

Pros: Vegan Buttercream frosting is great, accommodating and friendly staff
Cons: standard frosting is too fluffy

Dear Owner and Manager of Maddy's Fatty's: