Mad Cucumber - Vegan Lounge

Vegan restaurant with a smoothie bar, opened Jun 2013. Food is made in-house using local, seasonal, and mainly organic ingredients. Large space, rustic and up-cycled decor. Has Wi-Fi, magazines and newspaper, children's toys. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Organic, Western, British, English

SarahAlam
SarahAlam

It’s yummy veggie

Posted on 02 / 10 / 2015

My friend and I went to Mad Cucumber on this weekend. The food was exquisite! So flavorful – I have heard great things about it and seen some decent photographs on Instagram and Facebook. Regardless of the possibility that you're not vegetarian or vegan it’s a pleasant change and the food is so wonderful you won't be missing your meat! You will definitely enjoy your visit. It was quality healthy food, good atmosphere, pleasant staff will return and the costs are incredible as well. Without a doubt visit!

Pros: Quality food, Nice ambiance, nice staff
Cons: a lil bit late service, nothing, noithing
KoalaEva
KoalaEva

Delicious vegan cake!

Posted on 01 / 14 / 2015

I highly recommend the Mad Cucumber. I only wish it had been around when I started uni and that I had discovered it sooner! They made me an absolutely delicious chocolate layered vegan cake for my birthday (very last minute of me, I asked the day before and they were still able to make it for me). SO good... all my non-vegan friends and family that tried it loved it, too.

EllyD
EllyD

wished I lived in Bournemouth

Posted on 12 / 28 / 2014

Lucky residents of Bournemouth having the Mad Cucumber. Went there in mid December 2014 with my parents (who live there and go often). It was packed out. I had a fudge brownie which was lovely and rich and a big pot of tea. Lovely atmosphere too and very friendly staff. Tried to go there a couple days later but they have a massive closure period for xmas and new year unfortunately.

Pros: Big pot of tea, Friendly staff, Welcoming atmosphere
Cons: long holiday closure period

d.oven
d.oven

Vegan yumminess

Posted on 05 / 22 / 2014

Well what can i say, I can only give it 5 Cows/Stars as there are no more to give. A very happy, enjoyable experience They are all very friendly and it a very comfortable and clean and there food is wonderful and yummy I had mushroom stroganoff and cheesey garlic bread which i shared with my husband he had 3 bean chilli and we both had tiramisu cake very yummy. cant wait to go back and try what else they have.
Updated from previous review on Thursday May 22, 2014

Pros: Excellent vegan food, Good value, very friendly
Wrigsamsamurai
Wrigsamsamurai

new favourite!

Posted on 04 / 25 / 2014

I've just moved to Bournemouth and was so happy to find a vegan restaurant in town! It was my first visit and had the enchiladas and garlic bread. Yum! I will definitely be going back as the food was amazing and the staff were so friendly! Good vibes all around!

saramarshall
saramarshall

Lovely cafe, food and staff

Posted on 02 / 24 / 2014

I loved everything about this place. Great atmosphere and friendly people. The food was great too. The mushroom stroganoff with brown rice is perfect, as was the sundried tomato and pesto pasta and the garlic bread with cheese. The dessert counter is particularly impressive, I had to try three. Will definitely be going back.

Pros: Variety, Friendly, Good food
clairehalls
clairehalls

Yummy food and a great choice!

Posted on 02 / 23 / 2014

We've been here three times now, for breakfast, soup and the mushroom stroganoff. The food is delicious and there is a great choice! Would definitely recommend :)

cgadelaide
cgadelaide

Amazing!

Posted on 12 / 02 / 2013

My girlfriend and I tried out this cafe while on holiday in England. We ordered the pasta and the curry, both of which were very hearty and filling. Personally I preferred the curry, it was delicious! We also had a wonderful, quite sizable vegan hot chocolate and a smoothie which was thick and delicious. The food was fresh, very filling, and very tasty. We also tried six of their vegan dessert options (3 for a pound) and were very happy with all of them. The carrot cake was our favourite, but they were all wonderful. Very polite servers and a wonderful, homey space. We will be back before we leave!
Updated from previous review on Monday December 02, 2013

Pros: Fresh, Reasonably priced, Friendly staff and a lovely atmosphere
Cons: We can't fault it!
Protein Man
Protein Man

Bounemouth's No1 Vegan Place

Posted on 10 / 19 / 2013

The Mad Cucumber really puts Bournemouth on the UK Map of Vegan Restaurants. They recently hosted Bournemouth's Veggie and Vegan Society and we were all delighted with the food, drinks and service. Freshly cooked food is especially appreciated. These people care about what they offer us to eat. It's a big building and needs plenty of patronage in order to grow and survive. So check it out and do yourself a favour, you'll love the food! Note find Mad C on Bournemouth Gum Tree Misc.
Updated from previous review on Saturday October 19, 2013

Pros: Very Friendly, Food always fresh, Big variety of drinks
Cons: Some staff have limited English, Decor is a bit like a waiting room, Untidy bookshelves
ChrisKemp
ChrisKemp

new , deserves support

Posted on 09 / 04 / 2013

The Mad Cucumber (vegan lounge) is a new addition to the recently revamped Triangle area of Bournemouth. It is also, as far as i know , the first all vegan cafe in the area. The cafe is modern and yet homely with tables and sofas to suit. The food is fresh and very well prepared/cooked. The raw chocolate cake containing raspberries was VERY nice!

Pros: clean and comfortable, fresh high quality food, friendly owners
Cons: location is about far from town centre
nirvana2013
nirvana2013

Great find

Posted on 09 / 01 / 2013

Great to find a vegan cafe in Dorset. Good food, smoothies and cakes. Owned and run by a friendly Polish vegan family.

Pros: Great smoothies, Friendly service
Cons: Could do with some more savoury dishes, Portions were snack size
Valleys Vegan
Valleys Vegan

Don't miss it...!

Posted on 08 / 26 / 2013

We found this place when on holiday n the area. We liked it so much we went back the next day.

Relaxed vegan cafe run by very lovely and interesting people.

Strawberry crepe with chocolate sauce and a scoop of vegan ice cream is highly recommended.

Pros: All vegan
Cons: It's nowhere near where I live...
Richard Ross
Richard Ross

Great to have a vegan restaurant in Bournemouth.

Posted on 08 / 23 / 2013

Mad Cucumber is a light, airy restaurant with comfortable seats and sofas, serving fresh vegan food.

From the limited main course menu I had a vegetable curry, which was to my taste but my companion felt lacked spice. The choice of desserts included an apple crumble and a variety of cakes, which were scrumptious. There is a great choice of imaginative smoothies. Price for the two course plus smoothie was just under £12 a head.

The relaxed and friendly atmosphere makes for an enjoyable experience. Mad cucumber will be a must on my visits to Bournemouth.

Pros: Pleasant and welcoming space., Friendly service., Great smoothies and desserts.
Cons: Limited main course choice.

Dear Owner and Manager of Mad Cucumber - Vegan Lounge: