Macrobiotic Zen

Canteen style macrobiotic food restaurant with a retail section selling organic and health food products. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Spanish, Macrobiotic
C/ Muntaner 12 (near Grand Via at Universitat)
Barcelona, Spain 08001

Open Mon-Sat 13.00-16.00.

First Review by hack_man
JustaPack
JustaPack

So Much Yummy Food

5 Posted on 07 / 19 / 2014

Great lunch time vegetarian macrobiotics spot. There are three options, the three course meal, two course, or the plate. I was warned in advance that the plate alone is almost too much food and I'm glad I listened. Despite being really hungry I could barely finish my plate. The food was well seasoned, there was a variety of different vegetables, and the staff are super nice. Loved it.

Pros: Vegan Options, Deliciously flavored, Lots of food
Cons: Lunch only
runsten
runsten

Wonderful food

4 Posted on 07 / 02 / 2013

I was wrong, I went back again and loved the place. I have been there at least 5 times by now. The best for me in Bcn!!!

This previous review must be because of bad day in the kitchen or something wrong with my taste that day:

This is really a vegan/vegetarian canteen place. After my visit I was wondering what I actually ate. No taste, no impression, canteen atmosphere and not even the desert was exciting.

Maybe I got a healthy macrobiotic lunch meal but I have had macrobiotic food which had taste..
Updated from previous review on Sunday July 22, 2012

Pros: cheap, quick , vegan and macrobiotic
Cons: canteen, wonderful food, busy place
aletoni
aletoni

My favorite veg place in Barcelona

5 Posted on 09 / 20 / 2012

I've been to Zen countless times. The food is always excellent and the tea is free. There is a friendly familiar atmosphere. They have a little store too.
I would definitely recommend this place to anyone visiting Barcelona.

anarchistanimal
anarchistanimal

Delicious and 90% vegan

5 Posted on 07 / 08 / 2012

One of the first vegetarian restaurants in Barcelona, it is now 90% vegan. The delicious, nutritious fare is also great value - with more emphasis on whole foods and less on the processed fake meats that some vegan restaurants rely too heavily on. Big portions with lots of variety - black rice, vegetable stew, salad, pasta, and loads of vegan desserts. All freshly prepared. The atmosphere is wonderful and friendly with lots of locals and regulars sharing tables and chatting in a communal environment. Highly recommended!

Pros: Delicious and healthy, 90% vegan, Friendly communal atmosphere

hack_man
hack_man

Good Choice

3 Posted on 01 / 01 / 2012

A place not be knocked. Very ethical and healthy, serving vegan food in a basic seating area located in a shop selling various health food products, vegetables and vegetarian and vegan foodstuffs. I haven't eaten here but I will certainly do so next time in Barcelona. Located just off the Grand Via at Universitat.

Pros: Healthy, Store

Dear Owner and Manager of Macrobiotic Zen: