Macrobiotic Cafe Evah Dining

Serves meat, veg options available. Nice setting. Servers pay attention to details. Set menus of several courses of fresh and healthy dishes. Also sells some packaged baked goods and other products. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Organic, Japanese, Macrobiotic, Non-veg

iokan
iokan

Found it! Well, sort off

4 Posted on 12 / 18 / 2013

Like other reviewers I could not find this place. Yet on the last day of my stay in Fukuoka I found their outlet. It is located on the base floor of Hakata station (the main station of Fukuoka) near a bunch of shops that sell so-called "Bento Boxes".

Bento boxes are traditional Japanese lunch boxes with little compartments for each part of the meal. Evah offers an assortment of lunch boxes and sweets on the station. Based on the advice of the sales girl I choose the one with the most variety, so I could really sample everything Evah can do.

Based on this rather cheap and cold lunch box I would definitely search harder for the real Evah restaurant next time I visit Fukuoka. It is much taster than a basic bento box and it simply feels healthier. If their outlet offers this quality, the actual restaurant should be excellent!

Pros: low price, high quality, healhty
Cons: still haven't found the real place
Tertia
Tertia

Could not find it

1 Posted on 04 / 07 / 2013

I tried to find the restaurant the other day, but it was impossible to find, I walked around the streets for about 20 minutes and asked two locals, including some one running an organic wine bar, but I did not succeed (however, I do not speak Japanese).
I ended up at an Indian restaurant called Nanak, which was vegetarian friendly as well.

Cons: not easy to find
trombleyal
trombleyal

Uh-Mazing

4 Posted on 02 / 10 / 2013

When I visited in this restaurant in June of 2012, everything was vegan & they had created an English menu. Everyone was friendly, and I was given a free sample of some kind each time I visited. The "crab" cakes are ridiculously good & they sell a few things like pasta & baked goods. The low lighting & calm music (artists like Bob Dylan & Norah Jones) make it a very relaxing atmosphere.

Pros: Delicious, Calm atmosphere, Free samples!
Ged
Ged

Mostly veggie

4 Posted on 04 / 10 / 2010

Although meat & fish are on the menu, they cater very well for vegans and I don't think they use eggs. I had the lentil curry which was very tasty. I couldn't make my mind up which cake to have, so they gave me half a slice of each served up with a tasty soya cream and green tea sauce. It is also in an interesting area called Tenjin not far from the centre. Opening hours:11:30-15:00 & 18:00-22:00.

Pros: great service, great food
Cons: no english menu

Dear Owner and Manager of Macrobiotic Cafe Evah Dining: