MacKenzie River Pizza Co.

Serves meat, veg options available. Part of pizzeria chain. A wood carving of a bear greets you when you walk in. Offers a soy cheese pizza that you could get with veggie pepperoni and a selection of vegetable toppings. There's also salads, soups, appetizers, and pasta that are veg or can be made veg. Note that the soy cheese is listed on their menu under "toppings" instead of under "cheeses" - ask if it's vegan or not, and let happycow know! Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, American, Pizza, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Delivery, Non-veg

First Review by happycowgirl
Veggietaylor
Veggietaylor

Soy cheese is not vegan

1 Posted on 08 / 15 / 2012

The soy cheese at this restaruant is NOT vegan it is only lactose free. The crust is vegan, but the waitress really had no idea what veganism is. So I would steer clear of this place.

Cons: No vegan cheese
sarahsvati
sarahsvati

Satisfied my craving for vegan pizza

4 Posted on 07 / 04 / 2012

It's easy to get a vegan pizza here. I found the servers quite helpful and the toppings intriguing.

We got a pretty standard veggie pie with vegan cheese and it did not disappoint. Probably not a high-end pizza with amazing crust, but it was hot and well-cooked and yummy!

Pros: vegan cheese, vegan meat, lots of toppings
happycowgirl
happycowgirl

Great Pizza

4 Posted on 07 / 01 / 2011

You ever go to one of those restaurants that just makes you feel like you're on vacation? This is it.

Soy cheese pizza with a variety of different crusts to choose from and extremely impressive variety of veggies. Welcoming, friendly, fun. Note that the soy cheese is kind of buried in the menu as a 'topping' instead of being listed as one of the cheese choices. That is my only complaint about the place. I didn't notice it until *after* we ordered, so I had to call the waitress back and re-order which made me feel like I was being kind of rude (she hadn't put in the order yet, but still). Why not list it as a cheese choice?

Traveling through cattle country on a road trip, it seemed like every hotel and restaurant we went into is decorated with the heads of dead animals on the wall. What is with that? As soon as we walked into MacKenzie's, I knew we were in a good place. It has a slightly western theme but they do it in a humane way with a carved wooden bear at the hostess station, 'old time' jugs and bottles, an old school row boat hanging from the ceiling.

Montana deserves a standing ovation for having a restaurant chain like this.

Dear Owner and Manager of MacKenzie River Pizza Co.: