Serves meat, veg options available. Try the California style burrito with Boca crumbles and soycheese (might or might not be vegan - please ask). Price: Moderate more-less
Lacto, Mexican, Non-veg

Libby Ann
Libby Ann

Quick Place to Grab a Burrito

Posted on 07 / 19 / 2014

I don't think their burritos are great, but the service was good and fast. They just lack flavor. They need to add some spices to their ingredients. Sprinkle a little cumin in there or something.
I don't know how they stay in business because there's never anyone in there. It's Chipotle style where you pick what you want on it and they make it in front of you. They do offer a vegan crumble as a choice. I think they have vegan sour cream too.
It's not bad, but I only go there when I don't feel like going all the way to Ghent for Chipotle or Pelon's which have far superior burritos.
Still, I'm glad it's there.

Pros: Fast, Veg crumbles available
Cons: not very flavorful
vegva4eva
vegva4eva

great burritos

Posted on 06 / 21 / 2009

My boyfriend and I have been to the York St. Machismo many times, and the Va. Beach location once. We have always found the servers to be pretty careful with utensils and keeping the veg items from being contaminated. The burritos are made on an open line where you can see what the staff are putting into the tortilla. You get to ask for whatever you want, including vegen sour cream and vegan cheese. I do take their word for it that these are vegan ingredients. The service has always been good, when I have been there (at night and usually on weekends or holidays, because I live about fifteen miles away). Until recently, I ate dairy, but I ordered vegan to allow the boyfriend to share. They offer lots of regular veggie toppings as well as the Boca grounds.

People should be alert to the construction around York street for the light rail. Call ahead to see if Machismo's York St. location is open, or try the Va. Beach one.

Pros: vegan options, large portions, tasty food
Cons: parking, limited seating
dregs78
dregs78
  • non-vegetarian

They love to serve uncooked red meat!

Posted on 05 / 01 / 2009

Nothing like getting down to the bottom of your burrito to find totally uncooked steak! Don't know how much I ate of it. Lovely!

Kate811
Kate811

Great Burritos

Posted on 10 / 07 / 2008

I've been going here since I moved to Ghent in 2003 and LOVE IT!!! The burritos are great and you can bring your non-veg friends here to eat together! I love their guac and the burritos in a bowl!

coreysafina
coreysafina

AMAZING

Posted on 07 / 29 / 2007

Scrumptious, healthy, to die for burritos! amazingly yummy and so many vegan options. the enchilada sauce is amazing. as is the vegan sour cream and homemade guacamole!!!!! great prices

Pros: HUGE burritos, good prices, yummy vegan stuff

Dear Owner and Manager of Machismo Burrito: