Serves meat, veg options available. One of a few in the LA area, this little cafe in Brentwood offers macrobiotic vegan food and baked goods except for fish. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, American, Fusion, Macrobiotic, Bakery, Take-out, Non-veg
11678 San Vicente Blvd (/in Brentwood)
West Los Angeles, California 90049

finelikesicecream
finelikesicecream

healthy food

Posted on 03 / 07 / 2014

A friend of us recommended this place to us, so we went there. It seemed quite fancy to me, but maybe that is just because of L.A. :)
I had a combo of two salads (beetroot quinoa!) and a soup. I liked the food and it tasted really fresh and pure, but the portions weren't that big and for that quite pricy. My friend didn't like the food, she said there was no salt and no seasoning at all. But if you want some healthy food where you can taste all the single ingredients Cafe M is a good option for you.
They serve fish though, so not a complete vegan place. They could change that.

eric
eric

Okay when close

Posted on 02 / 19 / 2014

Was here the other day with a friend and while I was happy to find this new location in Brentwood, it seemed much fishier than the other M Cafes I've been to. Additionally, was a little disappointed to not see fish denoted on the menu so one really needs to read to know what's vegan. It's a small space with about 7-8 tables.
The meal was pretty good, though a bit pricy. The two burgers we got included a side and were $11-$12 each. We had The Big Macro, and the Carolina-Style BBQ Seitan Sandwich. (see photos).
I probably wouldn't travel to this neighborhood for this, but it's a decent alternative and just kitty corner from Whole Foods.

Pros: All vegan except for fish, Tasty food
Cons: Pricy, Smells like fish

Dear Owner and Manager of M Cafe de Chaya: