Lyfe Kitchen - Palo Alto

Serves meat, veg options available. Flagship location of this healthier eating concept restaurant, co-founded by former McDonald's restaurant executive with menu co-created by vegan chef Tal Ronen. Vegan choices in flatbreads, share ables, soups, salads, sandwiches, entrees, pizza, sides and desserts. Has a quinoa crunch wrap. Prices are inexpensive to moderate. Interior features a shelf of alive herb plants. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Organic, American, Pizza, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg
167 Hamilton Ave (Emerson)
Palo Alto, California 94301
650-325-5933

Mon-Thu 7:00am-9:00pm, Fri 7:00am-10:00pm, Sat 8:00am-10:00pm, Sun 8:00am-9:00pm

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by jacaciodebarros
vegan_mum
vegan_mum

Nice idea, very popular, kinda a ripoff

2 Posted on 07 / 16 / 2014

I have eaten here a couple times in the past few years. The ambience (natural light, live plants, high ceiling) is nice when the place is not heaving with crowds. The food is tasty enough, though I got the feeling the cooks and staff were having to try really hard to make vegan orders vegan, which never inspires trust.

My major gripe was my general restaurant-food gripe: too much oil, salt and sugar. Exacerbating that, though, was the small portions. I'd rather get a big hearty bowl of beans, greens & grains, lightly dressed, than these frankly greasy entrees. Give me nutrient-rich clean calories over empty fat calories any day.
Updated from previous review on Wednesday July 16, 2014

Pros: Nice ambience when not crowded
Cons: Noisy, Crowded, Pricey for what you get
saysuan
saysuan

LYFE Kitchen

3 Posted on 01 / 15 / 2013

This used to be one of my favorite restaurants. I like the vegan menu and the vegan unfried chicken is delicious. I did go once while they were filming and the staff must have been thrown off. I ordered the (vegan) chicken and was served a veggie burger (not a big deal because it was vegan and delicious) but they also gave me the chicken I ordered which was not Gardein chicken but the gross, dead kind. I had the waitress check that it was vegan, she did and assured me it was but I still wasn't convinced and asked the manager who confirmed it was the dead deal. He apologized and gave me a $10.00 coupon asking for another chance and gave us two free desserts which were delish. But I had stomach cramps about twenty minutes after my bite of dead chicken and thought comping the meal as well as a gift card might have been a better solution. I don't think I'll ever order wheat meat in a mixed restaurant again, just in vegan restaurants where I know there is no possibility of getting the two mixed up.

I do like the restaurant and will return but just change my orders to unambiguously vegetarian dishes.

Pros: Delicious vegan offerings, Reasonably priced, Nice vibe
Cons: Non vegan kitchen
jacaciodebarros
jacaciodebarros

lyfe kitchen

3 Posted on 08 / 27 / 2012

This place has a menu with clearly marked vegan foods, but I found the vega options lacking, as you'd be mostly constrained to salads. The salad I ordered could've been great, as it had very fresh vegetables, but I made the mistake of not ordering the dressing on the side. Dressing was way too sweet.

Pros: vegan menu
  • saysuan saysuan

I am surprised to hear you say that. I have had the unfried Gardein chicken, tofu fish tacos and veggie burger and they were all delicious.

Dear Owner and Manager of Lyfe Kitchen - Palo Alto: