Lyfe Kitchen - Culver City

Serves meat, veg options available. Opened Feb 2013, it's the second location of this healthier eating concept restaurant, co-founded by former McDonald's executive with menu co-created by vegan chef Tal Ronen. Offers a separate vegan menu with range of choices including flatbreads with vegan cheese, soups, salads, quinoa crunch wrap, Gardein chickn burger, mains like risotto and ravioli, plus desserts. Selection of refreshing beverages made with fruit and chia seeds. Large interior with plenty of seating. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Organic, American, Pizza, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg
9540 Washington Blvd (downtown)
Culver City, California 90232

Violet295
  • non-vegetarian

Lyfe Kitchen- Culver City

Posted on 11 / 20 / 2014

I stopped to look at the menu, and decided to try this restaurant. The food was okay. I feel, I could have made an equally good recipe at home. The smoothie was okay, too. I didn't order a lot of food, and I was alone, dressed casually. I left a moderate tip.
As I left, I heard someone yell out, "go home". I laughed, I think there is some stress at this place.

Cons: Not popular for some reason.
brandalock
brandalock

I Like It

Posted on 05 / 20 / 2014

I can walk to Lyfe Kitchen from where I live and I was excited to see them open. It's a great place for lunch outside under their terrace. You can also bring your meat eater friends since they have three separate menus to cater to as many dietary choices as possible.

My husband was not so much a fan because he doesn't like vegan places that use Gardein proteins instead of making their own. But I don't mind that so much and overall I liked eating here. Wouldn't necessarily do dinner here as the ambiance is very casual.

Oh and good beer selection :-)

MoFo
MoFo

I'll be back!

Posted on 07 / 31 / 2013

Really like the ambience of this establishment. Very spacious & open & a variety of comfortable seats to choose from. The outdoor patio looks nice as well although it was a bit to chilly for me when I went.

I ordered the vegan breakfast burrito with tofu & Gardein sausage. The size was appropriately moderate & was pleasantly tasty with a bit of spice. It came with fresh salsa & a rammikin of fresh berries. I also got the 99 cent chia water which was a pint sized glass & came with mint & strawberries. A mild refreshing drink.

This is a place I could come to with my omnivore friends & I believe everyone would be happy. It seemed to be a place that would serve consistently good food- both in taste & quality.

Pros: atmosphere, chia water, ample seating with good music
Cons: none that I noticed

Naan Cee
Naan Cee

delish!

Posted on 03 / 29 / 2013

The food here is very good. A little pricey but definitely more gourmet than I expected. They just opened so the staff seems a little not all together or too many standing around but the decor is modern and inviting. I enjoyed the veg options and speciality drinks. They do serve meat here, fyi but extremely veg and gluten free friendly.

Chia
Chia

Separate Vegan Menu, Good Food

Posted on 02 / 27 / 2013

I had read about this place opening on HappyCow, so my friend and I stopped in this week. It had just opened, and the staff was still practicing their craft. Here's my Lyfe Kitchen review.

It's conveniently located in downtown Culver City alongside a plethora of restaurants (somewhat across the street & diagonal from vegan Native Foods). The restaurant itself is gorgeous with simple modern decor, natural wood, airy, huge space. The interior is really deep, and seating is divided into different styles/areas from hard chairs to soft sofas to outside as well as a somewhat private alcove in the way back.

The menu rack includes a fully vegan menu with many different dishes. There's also a regular menu as well a dedicated gluten-free one. From the vegan menu my friend and I got the tofu tacos (flavorful and excellent), a beet and farro salad (tangy and good), sweet potato fries (all right), the raviolis served with sauteed tender greens (yummy), a chocolate chip cookie (sweet), and a boudino dessert featuring a rich, creamy chocolate pudding over pomengrate juice-soaked chia seeds (divine).

The food was all good. The prices are reasonable/moderate. Would like to return soon to try their burgers and other vegan offering.

Pros: many vegan choices, good food, great space

Dear Owner and Manager of Lyfe Kitchen - Culver City: